Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abartth
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Californians,

I’m a new Fiat Spider owner located in San Jose. I frequent cars and coffee’s in the peninsula where I grew up. I rarely see 124 Spiders in the area except for a Silver Lusso I see nearly everyday on my 280 commute.

I traded in my Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport after a year of ownership. It was my first non vw/audi purchase. It felt nice but numbing to drive. I’ve always liked the styling of the Spider since debut but had never seen them in person. A friend of mine at a dealer contacted me about a Spider they took in. Took one drive and immediately fell in love and bought it a day after it was traded in with no hesitation.

Car Vehicle Wheel Grille Tire

With all the excitement I didn’t get a chance to thoroughly inspect the car. After detailing come to find out it had the GWR exhaust. I thought they sounded as good as the 500 abarth off the showroom lol.

So far I’ve done some cosmetic mods. LED headlights, plate lights, and stubby antenna. Really couldn’t drive it without carplay so I went ahead and did it as well.

Looking to track and autox this car so some handling and safety mods to come!

I was at the San Mateo C&C this weekend 3/20/22 instead of a Hollister to Monterey drive I decided to opt out of. A friend of mine said they ran into a group of Spiders ~8 from what he could remember. I’d be interested to know if there was some sort of bay area group set up. I am aware of Fiat America but not anything Spider exclusive. I used to be part of VWNorcal, for a while regularly hosted drives and meets.

I’m on instagram which may be the reason I don’t find the groups on FB.

@Fiatuhh on instagram

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
524 Posts
Welcome and congrats! There is a Bay Area Fiat group that together with the local Alfa group has hosted an annual Italian Car Show in the East Bay. I don't think it's taken place since 2019 due to Covid, but hopefully this year it will be back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and congrats! There is a Bay Area Fiat group that together with the local Alfa group has hosted an annual Italian Car Show in the East Bay. I don't think it's taken place since 2019 due to Covid, but hopefully this year it will be back.
Yes! I was part of an Alfa group more in the peninsula area. Was invited to that event but didn’t get a chance to go because of work.
Hope to see you around!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,585 Posts
There is this, in October. I will try my best to make it so there will be at least two spiders if you decide to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is this, in October. I will try my best to make it so there will be at least two spiders if you decide to go.
Sounds good! Looks like I have 2 more interested!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have been to previous years. It's by my house. Like I cna walk there close. So yeah. Kind of lazy if I don't go. 😉

Saying that, there is a high probability I go to LA Wednesday. I just need to head back Saturday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts