Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2017 Fiat Spider Sun Visors

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RobbertNLD 
#1 ·
Hello

I just purchased a used 2017 124 Spider and I love this car.

There is, however an issue I have with the flip down sun visors. As I'm sure you all know, they are very thin plastic and I'm having trouble keeping my glasses clip and garage door opener in place.

Are there any aftermarket replacement visors available that I can swap out ?

I'm looking for something with a more traditional thickness and construction. The make-up mirrors aren't required.

Thanks

#6 ·
I'm not convinced it would solve the accessory clip problem but you could check these:
REV9 Liberal Sun Visor Covers

I'm waiting indefitnily for @Redlinegoods to sell something similar as I found everything from REV9 way overpriced. But these will be way cheaper than 2018+ Mazda sunvisors and much easier to install.

#9 ·
I'm going to make a suggestion, but it too might be more than the $200 option.

Make a template out of cardboard (multiple layers to make the same thickness as the visor), and then search out a local alterations shop that does clothing adjustments.... or a shoe repair shop that does leather stitching. (The alterations shop if you go vinyl or leatherette material, and the shoe repair shop if you want real leather)... and ask the person that does the stitching if they'd be willing to fabricate something for you. With kind words, you would well end up with something nice. Plus, you have the photos from the professional seller that could give hints as to how to finish it, where to apply the velcro closure, etc.

#11 ·
#12 ·
The newer Mx5 sunvisors can be found on junkyards (I found a complete set and a dimming mirror near me in the Netherlands)
I figure shipping to the US or Canada will be around €100 so that’s not an option.
But if there is a way to search junkyards that probably is the cheapest option. Just look for newish MX5’s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.