Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to no availability of the color / options I am interested in, I've ordered a 2018 124 Abarth and was wondering what any of you had heard about delivery timeframes. My dealer is not providing much information other than my order is in D status (Firm schedule) and that it has been assigned a serial number. They expect to see a VIN number within the next week or so. No information on delivery date. Please advise.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Due to no availability of the color / options I am interested in, I've ordered a 2018 124 Abarth and was wondering what any of you had heard about delivery timeframes. My dealer is not providing much information other than my order is in D status (Firm schedule) and that it has been assigned a serial number. They expect to see a VIN number within the next week or so. No information on delivery date. Please advise.
Congratulations on ordering a 2018. That is what I plan on doing as well.

How did it work out pricing-wise on the 2018. Was the dealer able to give you a firm/commited price for a car that may not be delivered until later this year? How does it work with incentives, programs etc? Did you have more flexibility in picking packages/options?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Today was a nice day to drive and so I went to Burlinton,VT nice road and while driving I notice a FIAT/Allfa Romeo dealer and pulled in, at the same time I see a sales person with a big smile, so parked and greeted him. He thought someone had delivered a RED Abarth, then he noticed my licence plated and there went his smile.

So we chatted about the sales, and he said April was a good month, He expects May to do the same. Now the good weather is ahead of us lots of people want a convertible. Then I talked to him about the 2018, he looked at me and said what 2018, a customer ordered an Abarth and he is getting in the fall 2017 . The only ones available are the ones on the lot and he was desperatly looking for a RED ABARTH.
The Gulia were selling pretty good also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Dealership guaranteed price based on this year as well as incentives/discount. Ordered the Rossa/Red and the luxury collection/package. Hope I see the car sooner than later. Let me know how your ordering experience goes.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thank you. Dealership guaranteed price based on this year as well as incentives/discount. Ordered the Rossa/Red and the luxury collection/package. Hope I see the car sooner than later. Let me know how your ordering experience goes.
Does this mean the dealer was able to lock in exact price and was it a good price? My local dealer told me he could not guarantee what programs or incentives would be in place on 2018's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone get any updates on a 2018 Abarth order? I placed an order (manual Rosso) two months ago with delivery tentatively in February 2018 (!), but have not been able to get any updates or specifics. Not a VIN, order number, build date...nothing. Anyone get anything on their 2018 order yet?

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't know about the 2018s, but I can share my 2017 ordering experience.

I ordered the car on October 12, 2016. The order was accepted and put into the Accepted Status on October 14, 2016, for May 2017 Delivery.
Then... Nothing!
I got a VIN in early April 2017
Then... Nothing!
Status changed to JB (shipped to body vendor, if I remember right) The last week of May, 2017. According to FCA Customer Service, this meant the car was built and being shipped.
Then...Nothing
Status changed again to KZ (invoiced) on July 11 2017. According to the Dealer, (Alfa Romeo and Fiat of Portland , Maine) this meant the car was in Baltimore waiting to be shipped to the dealer. They thought I would have the car in about 10 days.
Surprise! the car was dropped off at the dealer on July 13th, I took delivery on July 14, 2017

10 Months and 2 days from the day I placed the order.

Once you get a VIN, you can contact FCA Customer Service through the Fiat website to get an update on your order.

Ordering one of these cars requires a bit of patience...

·
Registered
353 Posts
The car I'm getting this week, was ordered last July. The original owner backed out after waiting eight months for it with little word about it. Enter lucky me looking for a Red premium Abarth auto three weeks ago :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I llive in Tulsa and had to go to Dallas to get my 124 Abarth with manual .....mine is black(Nero) and was hard to fine...none in Tulsa and the dealer here could not give me any date if I wanted to wait and buy it locally...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dealer called me yesterday and told me he expects the FIAT on-line configurator to be showing 2018 models shortly. I'll believe it when I see it. I've postponed my purchase decision until the end of Sept or Oct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Abarth Order

I have an order in for an '18 Abarth as well - no word, no VIN, etc. When I put the deposit down, it was to be October '17, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I reserved one the dealership ordered in Jan of '17. It got a VIN in August '17. It's been in the JB stage for about 2 weeks now.

Dealership is estimating a Spring of '18 delivery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about special orders but the dealer orders for 2018's are hitting the Jersey shore now for October distribution to dealers. I called Fiat today with a VIN number I received from a dealer and she told me looks like it arrived in Jersey and should be at the dealer October 11-17. Yeeesssss!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I reserved one the dealership ordered in Jan of '17. It got a VIN in August '17. It's been in the JB stage for about 2 weeks now.

Dealership is estimating a Spring of '18 delivery.
Mine was in status code "JB" for months although moving from one to another can change in a day depending on what is going on. Mine took 3 months to get here from when it was built. Everyone can request the POC for their car, or any car that the dealer is expecting, which will give you specific information on your car. Also, once you get a VIN# you can email customer service and they will provide you the current status code: [email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts