1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am rather partial to that configuration. Someone snap it up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just curious, how long has the car been there?
Is there a reason why this one stands out to you?
Trying to get the right price on it, but not sure how far on price I want to go.......

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks exactly like mine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how long it has been there, but I think when I found it, it was pretty recently there. So early November probably. It stands out to me because it's red, which would be my preferred color (although I'm happy with my silver), because it has all the options, including Brembo brakes. I don't care so much about the navigation and sound group, although I have them and they're fine, but the convenience group (blind spot detection, auto-dimming mirrors, universal garage door opener, and some other things) I find necessary, and although I wouldn't have known it before I had it, the adaptive headlights (of the visibiilty group) are fantastic. I wouldn't want the painted heritage stripe, especially for the money, but I'd consider with the red to get a matte or satin black heritage stripe wrap. I don't know to what extent they will negotiate on price. I didn't buy mine at this dealer.
And I wouldn't consider anything but the Abarth, unless you are a real car buff who would spend lots on mods for the Classico or Lusso model. The Sport mode on the Abarth is worth the money by itself, but you also get some good standard features as well, like the rain sensing windshield wipers and leather seats, that you don't get on the Classico.

Reactions: GregtheBike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks for the information.
Still trying to get a deal done, so I hope by this weekend.
Are there other dealers in the area? Did you have to go far to get your car?
I think I might have to give a bit more to get the car, sounds like it's a nice package.
Didn't really think about the brake add on, but I guess that adds value.
Seems like there are not too many of these around with the manual transmission.

Thanks again for the advice.
Bob

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks for the information.
Still trying to get a deal done, so I hope by this weekend.
Are there other dealers in the area? Did you have to go far to get your car?
I think I might have to give a bit more to get the car, sounds like it's a nice package.
Didn't really think about the brake add on, but I guess that adds value.
Seems like there are not too many of these around with the manual transmission.

Thanks again for the advice.
Bob
Mine is very similar, red but with the red/black interior, and I had to give a little to get it, and it was in Florida and we are in North Carolina, so by the time it came home it had 600 miles on the odometer. The brakes are cool, I didn't get them but the manual Tranny was a must. You will love it. A local dealer told me they ordered very few manuals because most folks today don't know how to drive one. We test drove an AT Classica, but I ordered the manual sight unseen and I have zero regrets. My wife wants to drive it to work now, and we will put a stop to that very quickly, lol:D

Reactions: GregtheBike

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is another Ron Tonkin Chrysler dealer in Milwaukie that also carries Fiats, but they don't have any 2018s and no Abarths. I think they are phasing out their Fiat sales in favor of their westside dealer, which is limited to Fiat and Alfas. There is a dealer in Eugene, but it has only one in inventory, an auto trans lusso.
I bought mine from a woman in South Carolina, had it shipped to California (where I was at the time), and drove it to Portland (thereby avoiding any sales tax in the other states).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sent them a deposit today, got to a price I can live with. Having some a clear bra put on, hope to pick it up next week if the weather allows.....
I am going to miss my Abarth 500C, hoping the 124 is going to make that feeling go away.......

Thanks for the information

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to be of help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! Guess I won't see it around Portland though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's a blue '18 Abarth MT with Brembos I test drove at the Alfa/Fiat dealer in Van Nuys CA.

I was very tempted, but a red Abarth MT was starring us in the face!! It had leather seats, Comfort and convenience pkg, Nav and Sound pkg, and Visibility Group. I'll have to add the Brembos to it eventually. We bought the one off the floor within days of it arriving. MT Abarths are rare here. Had I seen an Aluminum with Saddle or Red seats I would have had a wrestling match with the wife over color...the red is gorgeous though.

They came down about $2,000 from MSRP on ours.

Edit: I noticed blue isn't offered on the website for '18, but the window sticker listed it as an '18 I'm ALMOST positive....I guess it could be a leftover '17...

It has 26 miles on the odometer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts