Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first post on this forum was last week. Lots of great thoughts/advice (thanks everyone) and we test drove and purchased a 2018 Abarth in Blu Scuro and we named her Bella. They had about 10 newly arrived 2018's and none of their 2017's that remained had a MT. In fact, searching the Dallas/Fort Worth area, there was only 1 MT 2017 remaining and she didn't care for the color. Our Abarth came with the Brembo/Bilstein package, Convenience, Navigation & Sound, Visibility Group, tinted windows (important in Texas) + the Recaro Leather/Alcantara seats (very comfy) and MT. Bella only had 6 miles on her before our test drive.

We had them look over my Fiancee's (she's a CPA) 2016 Acura RDX AWD (everything on it/immaculate condition) w/ 38K miles as we test drove the Abarth. When we returned, they gave us a very fair trade in price. We told them that we won't be spending any $$$ out of pocket, so if you want the sale, you'll need to make the numbers work. Well, after throwing in a $500 discount for whatever reason, the sales rep remembered that I mentioned that I drive a Rubicon. So they came up with another $1K discount for Chrysler/Fiat loyalty and the numbers balanced with TT&L - no $$$ out of pocket - just a title to title swap. All in all, we're all happy. Yes, they made $ (hold back and all, plus trade in sale, etc.) and we had a hassle free buying experience.

PS - It did help that they knew that I'd already test drove the Miata earlier that week just down the street and that she was a previous Miata owner back in the 90's.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't usually like blue cars, but that really is beautiful. Enjoy!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats

At last decent photos of the dark blue

I have the lighter blue and is been a bugging me a lot f I should have waited for the 2018 dark blue ......... its very nice !!! but I have no regrets with my purchase

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
441 Posts
Congrats! Hope you can leave the front with no license plate...not drilled. Love the color. Hope you both enjoy it!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Love that color! Congrats

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats

At last decent photos of the dark blue

I have the lighter blue and is been a bugging me a lot f I should have waited for the 2018 dark blue ......... its very nice !!! but I have no regrets with my purchase
If you are even somewhat anal a spec of dust will show on the dark Blue so consider yourself lucky with the lighter shade. By the way, congrats on the manual Abarth, no matter what color it is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congratulation! Great color, specially with the red Brembos... great combo.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice to see real pics of the Blue. Looks great, but from a maintaince perspective not a fan of dark colored cars... Looking forward to seeing their new Grey in person.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! Hope you can leave the front with no license plate...not drilled. Love the color. Hope you both enjoy it!
Yes - I instructed the sales rep to not touch the front of the vehicle with license plate. In 30+ years of driving in Texas and several vehicles, I've never had an issue with no front license plates.

For the other posters: I agree - dark blu is not my first choice of color either (I wanted the red), but it's my fiancee's ride and was her decision... lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Man, so nice!

Reactions: HigherPeaks

·
830 Posts
Congrats!

Good choice on the Recaros as well.
Beautiful Spider.

Reactions: HigherPeaks

·