Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order my 2018 spider Lusso! What color exterior and interior does anyone recommend? Not a fan of red or black and have a white car currently.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Going through the same discussion in my head, although, I will probably go with the Abarth.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
IDK which exterior...but I love the beige/tan or red seats. But the beige/tan is really contrasting in my eyes and I REALLY like that. If the Abarth had that as an option. I would have hunted for one. That being said...I'm with @GregtheBike.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I really like the red seats also and think they would go nicely with a gray exterior, but I don't know if they're an option for a 2018 Lusso. They were only available in the Abarth for 2017.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think blue and the saddle (tan) it is. Heard there is a limited edition red top coming out late 2018 for the Lusso. Not sure what colors will be offered paint and interior wise.
Yes, a beautiful combination. I have white and tan and it's very nice, too. The only thing that bothers me about the darker colors is they tend to show minor mars and scratches, especially with a softer paint. I've had one dark colored car and it was a pain to keep looking good.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
446 Posts
Whatever makes you happy...but I have to say that the tan is more orange than tan. Seems off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whatever makes you happy...but I have to say that the tan is more orange than tan. Seems off.

I have to say, I thought that the tan looked great in photos, especially the contrast with the black of the dash and main parts of the door panels. Then I saw it in real life and thought "hmm".

Next week I took the Mrs to look at the car I was looking at buying. She saw the tan and just said "no". Further questioning revealed that "it looks like dog doo".

My suspicions were confirmed.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
446 Posts
I have to say, I thought that the tan looked great in photos, especially the contrast with the black of the dash and main parts of the door panels. Then I saw it in real life and thought "hmm".

Next week I took the Mrs to look at the car I was looking at buying. She saw the tan and just said "no". Further questioning revealed that "it looks like dog doo".

My suspicions were confirmed.
Oh no! Well, better to know now. What a missed opportunity for Fiat. A white Spider with a tan interior would be so classic...or a silver one...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Personal decision that only you can answer and you can Google 124 Spider images and see every possible combination, and when I was ready for one I could care less what anyone else thought since Red with Black interior was the ONLY option I would consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I ended up finding a great deal on a 2017 silver classica so went with that. Just has the black cloth interior but I find it comfortable and the silver color is easy to keep looking clean. I think the blue would have shown dust. Can’t wait to take my first road trip up to the Georgia Mountians over Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wanted red leather in my Classica...so I had it done. And replaced the stock foam with memory foam padding, dyed the white stitching red on the E brake and shifter. People ask why didn't I just buy a Lusso. Well for one thing I love the matching white windshield and roll bar color. Did not care for the Silver surrounds on the Lusso. DIdn't want the nanny stuff or dual climate control in a two seater. I DID want and was very happy the tech package was offered in the Classica. Even with the custom leather, I did not pay up to a Lusso. Abarth was out of the running. All of them were Automatics anyway,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts