1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!
Love my new 2019 124 Abarth Veleno!
The good:
Beautiful car - really had to beat the looks of this car. It is a work of art. It is larger than the MX5 and I appreciate that. Some of this is elimination of items like glove box and cup holders. Will get to that in a bit.
New computer systems - a upgrade from my 2011 MX5 -it didnt have a backup cam or Infotainment or any of that. I also love the push button fob detector where you just have the key fob in your pocket and it turns on.
That growly engine. I love the feel of that growl when i turn it on and drive. This may not be for everyone.
A uncommon car -what is that?! They say. :) Not many of these puppies on the road.

The bad
This thing seems to drink gas up like me and beer on a Saturday night! :) I keep having to fill it up! I guess part of that is i do so love the "sport" mode. If you watch the info screen having that on will shoot your MPG's down to 4! :eek: maybe i will get a handle on it soon. says 28 MPG's average though so maybe I am just driving a whole lot in my new ride- so take this with a grain of salt.
Bluetooth - I have a whole thread on this but no one has really answered and the dealership has gone radio silent on why after two weeks my Ipod no longer pairs correctly. Oh well -USB cable works. Hopefully I figure it out soon.

The take -really loving this car much more than my old MX5 Miata. That car I loved up until i sold it was a great car with the PHRT top. This 124 is a upgrade in my book and a real joy to drive.

·
Registered
266 Posts
welcome to the forum. I too switched from an NC to the Abarth and do enjoy the more modern features. I never tried my ipod with the Abarth but have had no issues with my various iphones and hope you get it sorted.

For mpg, when not in sport I usually end up around 32 mostly short freeway runs. When I hit the fun button drops at least 2-3 mpg. Once broken in you might see some improvement but mpg isn't phenomenal on this car. Still better than my NC which never broke 30 though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update -i think i fixed my pairing issue. I updated the thread I started as well. It was because I had my Ipod in my pants and it was interfering with the signal.
Now i no longer wear pants! :D
Actually i just take out the device and so far is working great. ABARTH for the win!!
Love my Fiat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts