1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!
Love my new 2019 124 Abarth Veleno!
The good:
Beautiful car - really had to beat the looks of this car. It is a work of art. It is larger than the MX5 and I appreciate that. Some of this is elimination of items like glove box and cup holders. Will get to that in a bit.
New computer systems - a upgrade from my 2011 MX5 -it didnt have a backup cam or Infotainment or any of that. I also love the push button fob detector where you just have the key fob in your pocket and it turns on.
That growly engine. I love the feel of that growl when i turn it on and drive. This may not be for everyone.
A uncommon car -what is that?! They say. :) Not many of these puppies on the road.

The bad
This thing seems to drink gas up like me and beer on a Saturday night! :) I keep having to fill it up! I guess part of that is i do so love the "sport" mode. If you watch the info screen having that on will shoot your MPG's down to 4! :eek: maybe i will get a handle on it soon. says 28 MPG's average though so maybe I am just driving a whole lot in my new ride- so take this with a grain of salt.
Bluetooth - I have a whole thread on this but no one has really answered and the dealership has gone radio silent on why after two weeks my Ipod no longer pairs correctly. Oh well -USB cable works. Hopefully I figure it out soon.

The take -really loving this car much more than my old MX5 Miata. That car I loved up until i sold it was a great car with the PHRT top. This 124 is a upgrade in my book and a real joy to drive.

·
Registered
268 Posts
welcome to the forum. I too switched from an NC to the Abarth and do enjoy the more modern features. I never tried my ipod with the Abarth but have had no issues with my various iphones and hope you get it sorted.

For mpg, when not in sport I usually end up around 32 mostly short freeway runs. When I hit the fun button drops at least 2-3 mpg. Once broken in you might see some improvement but mpg isn't phenomenal on this car. Still better than my NC which never broke 30 though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update -i think i fixed my pairing issue. I updated the thread I started as well. It was because I had my Ipod in my pants and it was interfering with the signal.
Now i no longer wear pants! :D
Actually i just take out the device and so far is working great. ABARTH for the win!!
Love my Fiat!

·
Registered
755 Posts
This car’s connectivity is total crap. Of the 12 months I’ve owned my Abarth, I’ve been able to stream Pandora only half the time. The system tends to disconnects itself after a few seconds claiming that “station has been deleted.” I haven’t found a permanent fix; I did find a temporary solution by clearing the Pandora app cache on my phone every so often.

I’ve been spoiled by Uconnect on my Jeeps: the system works every time, seamlessly. Sadly, Mazda seems to be 10 years behind in that area.

Having said all that, I do love my Spider: the way it looks, drives, sounds and feels. The exhaust is so loud I’m perfectly happy not listening to any music when the stupid audio system refuses to work. :LOL:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have a Miata PRHT but its a 2010 and it’s been a great car but it just don’t compare to the Abarth! Guess for a 10 year d car that is expected but the Miata has a great
Look to it!
On gas mileage, I got 36 mpg on a lol road trip the other day, didn’t engage sport mode and was running around 65 mph for around 100 miles. I’m happy with that!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I also have a Miata PRHT but its a 2010 and it’s been a great car but it just don’t compare to the Abarth! Guess for a 10 year d car that is expected but the Miata has a great
Look to it!
On gas mileage, I got 36 mpg on a lol road trip the other day, didn’t engage sport mode and was running around 65 mph for around 100 miles. I’m happy with that!
You do understand the sports switch has nothing to do with gas mileage, but your right foot does, lol.

·
Registered
241 Posts
On the mpg’s the problem with your mpg is that little pedal on the right😏. If you baby it she‘ll deliver great mileage (but what fun is that😊). Once you get her broke in upper 20’s, low 30’s should be a norm. I’ve gotten as high as 41.7 (hand calculated) on a road trip, but I was deliberately driving conservatively to try and get the best possible. Normally I drive a bit hard and I’m running a tad over 28...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
YOu llike the feeling of the SPORT MODE, while driving and you push that button, you feel that little kick, telling you, you have power, well ! it takes a little more gas, but at the price gas is today, C'mon that's bitching for nothing. I put Sport mode, when I need to let other know "I GOT THE POWER" lol otherwise, regular mode gives you plenty of power.. Glad you made the switch.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Zero connectivity issues on my 2019. 2017 sucked on that. MPG is not good at all compared to ND, but you get a better sound and more sudden/exciting shove instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts