Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Come on Boys,don't let the bogey man bite yer bum ! We WILL Overcome, not with a tambourine, but by all following the Medical and Scientific advice, common sense and supporting our loved ones, friends & Neighbours (even the horrible ones) and Each other.......A set of points for my MGB was a set of points, I just tore the packaging apart and slotted them in. Pretty sure the locking wheel nuts are still required in the UK.
Don't know what info you Boys are getting on the UK situation, all we get is "The Donald"...say no more !
Our Government have Just closed down London effectively, all shops gone except Supermarkets and Pharmacies, however...Business small, medium and large are receiving cash to keep employees on their books (up to 80% of pay, to max £2500 month), NHS, Security and other Key Workers special arrangements in place, People over 70 and / or with underlying conditions should lock themselves away for 3 months (at least) with Business, Government, Opposition and Unions in sync ! Which why I say the above...."Pulling Together".
Last little snippet....Just heard that they "think" that Petrol Pump handles are causing the spread in London, so going back to our discussion WEAR GLOVES , and....keep your chins UP !

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Last little snippet....Just heard that they "think" that Petrol Pump handles are causing the spread in London, so going back to our discussion WEAR GLOVES , and....keep your chins UP !
Good point. The attendants at my local COSTCO are wiping the nozzle handle and card key pad with disinfectant after each use.

I have a parcel coming from the UK. It was shipped Parcelforce UK. It made it to the international hub and was returned to the sender after international shipments were suspended. The sender is going to retry with UPS. This is a 124 spider related parcel. I will post on it after I receive it.

Life goes on. 😁

Dan

·
Registered
184 Posts
Interesting about international shipments. I've recently sent a parcel to Kentucky and it's just arrived there a couple of days ago, perhaps person to person shipments may also start to be restricted?

On another note, Bondi beach was closed yesterday after the public were booted out for ignoring social distancing requirements. As a result a lot of Sydney beaches closed today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's good to know.....my only concern would be a toerag opportunist thief nicking the fuel, haven't seen a lockable cap yet so interested how you deal with that....Is that why Americans love Baseball so much, as it gives a reason to carry a bat in your Spider ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I doubt you did this. I purchased my 18 Abarth in Miami last March and when I got it home with 38 miles clocked, I noticed my gasoline lid was wonky looking too. I suspect its from the dealership not knowing how to open the door and they jammed their fingers or thumbs thinking that would make it open up. I plan on taking mine to a shop to fix in the next month or two, its not really noticeable unless you are looking at it at a certain angle. I will not take the Spider back to any dealer. I just don't trust them, never have an never will.
Wow! I'm so happy someone else experienced this. Not only was my sales person clueless about the car, the service guy was too and didn't know how to open the fuel door during prep. I didn't notice all the dents until after I had it for a couple of weeks for this first fill. Dealer said it wasn't them. I will never go there again. They completely lost my service business and referral. As a result, I ended up purchasing a new lock mechanism and new unpainted fuel door. Thankfully by body guy matched the paint perfectly and I just installed the new door. But was a mess.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The door is very fragile, as noted. I'm extra careful with it, and don't force it open or closed, and only push it from the back edge.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts