Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scoured the forum and couldn't find this info, hope it's all good to start a new thread for other 2019 owners in the future.

I'm reading up on the different ECU Tuning options, and was informed that 2019+ ECUs may have been problematic to tune. Was wondering if anyone here with a 2019 MY had any issues with their EC, Tork, or some other ECU tunes.

I saw that EC explicitly supports 2019 model years on their product page, so wasn't sure if this is a real concern:

Thanks!

·
Vendor
3,086 Posts
I can assure you that tuning the 2019 isn't a problem for us. The only possible hiccup would be a minor delay if Fiat has a software change nobody knows about. However we haven't seen any significant software changes in these cars in about a year, and with the end in sight, I don't think we will.

Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Greg hey I'm new to the forum and literally just got a 2019 abarth a week ago. Looking to tune my vehicle to get the most out of it for making the car fun (aka not trying to turn it into a track car). With the tuner you guys offer from EC, what stage offering do you recommend considering the rest of the vehicle is all stock? I'm additionally considering a CAI, turbo blanket and improved BV in the future. I know when you buy the tork tuner you only get one tune with your purchase. Is it the same for EC or do all the tunes come included?

·
Registered
97 Posts
@Greg hey I'm new to the forum and literally just got a 2019 abarth a week ago. Looking to tune my vehicle to get the most out of it for making the car fun (aka not trying to turn it into a track car). With the tuner you guys offer from EC, what stage offering do you recommend considering the rest of the vehicle is all stock? I'm additionally considering a CAI, turbo blanket and improved BV in the future. I know when you buy the tork tuner you only get one tune with your purchase. Is it the same for EC or do all the tunes come included?
When purchasing the handheld you are entitled/access to Phase 1 and Phase 2. If you decide to use our upgraded turbo we also include Phase 3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Greg,
Just received my tuner from you guys and I'm curious about something. I ordered a CAI and DV+ from you guys and haven't installed them yet. Should I use the tuner to grab the stock tune before or after installing those parts? Does it matter? Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks Greg,
Just received my tuner from you guys and I'm curious about something. I ordered a CAI and DV+ from you guys and haven't installed them yet. Should I use the tuner to grab the stock tune before or after installing those parts? Does it matter? Thanks!
You can read the stock calibration now, no need to wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to follow up on this thread, for other owners of 2019. I ended up going with the Tork ECU Tune for my 2019 Abarth.

With everything else stock for the time being, I'm pleased with the performance out of Tork's Stage 1 tune. The engine is smooth through the entire RPM band, it appeared to have removed hesitation around the 2,500-rpm range that I was observing during shifts, and pulls solid and linearly to redline. Because the car picks up more speed, I have to get on the brakes more aggressively during traffic. Sorry to not be able to offer anything objective, but what I found funny is that suddenly, the stock exhaust sounds too timid and doesn't match up to the performance output.

I'm sure the EC tune is a great option as well, but I am happy with the Tork Tune, and would recommend it for anyone. If anyone here is in LA and wants to take it out for a spin, just give me a holler.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Glad you are happy. Tork tunes are good. But stop shifting your car at 2,500 rpms. 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts