Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, can I fit 215/45 R17 tyres on stock wheels but the car is lowered 30mm(1.2 inch) and with spacers about 2cm.

The car is a 2017 Abarth 124 Spider, euro specs

I have used the tyre calculator webpage and there is about 8mm (0.3 inch) height difference from stock wheels with 205/45 R17 tyres.Just want to know for sure if the suggested size would not rub on the fenders.

Thanks everyone for the help ahead!
馃憢

Registered
Im not an expert on this subject but others here are. Ive done a fair bit of reading different posts on this topic before deciding to go forward with lowering springs and wider tires and from what I understand you should be fine with that setup without incurring any fender rub.
Did you use eibach pro lowering springs ( eurospec) with 20mm spacers?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not an expert on this subject but others here are. Ive done a fair bit of reading different posts on this topic before deciding to go forward with lowering springs and wider tires and from what I understand you should be fine with that setup without incurring any fender rub.
Did you use eibach pro lowering springs ( eurospec) with 20mm spacers?
Thank you for your input on the question. Hopefully a few more can confirm this. In our country it is hard to be able to put wider tyres on the stock wheels because of homologation reasons ( yeey -_- ) so 215/45 R17 is the max allowed.

Registered
2017 Abarth spider
I have this same set up.
Michelin 215/45R17 on the stock 7J wheels. Lowered 30mm with H&R Springs. Spacers 2x 18mm in front and 2x 20mm in back (the 2mm makes a real difference in flush look).

I have no rubbing of the wheels except when i am backing up on the driveway with wheel fully turned to the right and driving the rear wheels up the curb (more pressure on the front wheel) only then have i ever heard it rubbing a bit.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have this same set up.
Michelin 215/45R17 on the stock 7J wheels. Lowered 30mm with H&R Springs. Spacers 2x 18mm in front and 2x 20mm in back (the 2mm makes a real difference in flush look).

I have no rubbing of the wheels except when i am backing up on the driveway with wheel fully turned to the right and driving the rear wheels up the curb (more pressure on the front wheel) only then have i ever heard it rubbing a bit.
View attachment 96943
Awesome! Looking nice! This is the current stand on my car. Does the small amount of rubbing leave any major damage or is it only in the inner plastic guard?

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud

Registered
If you replace the stock 205s with 215s are spacers still necessary to flush out the wheels?
Id like to go with 215s and eurospec pro eibach springs ( a bit more lowering than US spec eibachs).
My concern with spacers is greater weight stress on a weaker link when cornering or is that not a concern?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow really like the striping on your car! May I ask where you purchased it?
They were already on the car while I purchased it. I would dare to say they are custom made since they previous owner wrapped the front lip, mirrors, windshield surround etc. I even removed some stickers off the car which were a bit too much for me.馃槂
Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Registered
As the title suggests, can I fit 215/45 R17 tyres on stock wheels but the car is lowered 30mm(1.2 inch) and with spacers about 2cm.

The car is a 2017 Abarth 124 Spider, euro specs

I have used the tyre calculator webpage and there is about 8mm (0.3 inch) height difference from stock wheels with 205/45 R17 tyres.Just want to know for sure if the suggested size would not rub on the fenders.

Thanks everyone for the help ahead!
馃憢
Ive got 215/45-17s on 17-8 wheels; car is lowered about 1". No rubbing. You are good with that size.
Mikw

Registered
Yo! I checked this post because I am also going through this process. I did Koni struts with Three Hundred lowering springs. Good-win Racing has a ton of helpful information under their wheels section so read through it as it's super helpful and reputable.

BUT, if I a being honest, I really want to see more pics of your car, my guy! PHOTO DUMP, please!

Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
Yo! I checked this post because I am also going through this process. I did Koni struts with Three Hundred lowering springs. Good-win Racing has a ton of helpful information under their wheels section so read through it as it's super helpful and reputable.

BUT, if I a being honest, I really want to see more pics of your car, my guy! PHOTO DUMP, please!
What are three hundred lowering springs, and where did you buy them? I only ask because I have the full three hundred carbon kit and never saw anything about springs.

Registered
What are three hundred lowering springs, and where did you buy them? I only ask because I have the full three hundred carbon kit and never saw anything about springs.

From their website! You will want to use a translator to navigate the website (Google can take 30-40 seconds per page). They have tons of other stuff outside what has been offered through Drivin District and other importers.

You will pay quite a bit more in shipping, though.

THREEHUNDRED 銉儻銉兂銈般偣銉椼儶銉炽偘 ABARTH 124 Spider - THREEHUNDRED THE STORE (Springs)

ABARTH 124 Spider - THREEHUNDRED THE STORE (Main 124 parts page)

Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
From their website! You will want to use a translator to navigate the website (Google can take 30-40 seconds per page). They have tons of other stuff outside what has been offered through Drivin District and other importers.

You will pay quite a bit more in shipping, though.

THREEHUNDRED 銉儻銉兂銈般偣銉椼儶銉炽偘 ABARTH 124 Spider - THREEHUNDRED THE STORE (Springs)

ABARTH 124 Spider - THREEHUNDRED THE STORE (Main 124 parts page)
Thank you! I have been on their site, admittedly never had it translated. Apparently you miss some things browsing through the pictures.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts