Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just spotted a Black Lusso on Thursday near South Mimms M25.
2 weeks before,an original white 124 then a new white 124 in Norwich.
Before that a gray metallic Lusso in Glasgow Airport car park.
Only seen white Abarth in dealers,apart from 0000 at Milano Autoclassica last March 16, and Auto Moto D'Epoca Padova last October . The Milan event prompted the purchase after I sat in the car just over a year ago now!
My red Abarth has prompted more asks of "what is that" than any other modern car I've had.
Any more in Scotland?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hens' teeth

My daughter at the wheel of my metallic bronze Lusso Plus, in the Borders. NB the Scottish number plate..!
I too have seen only three others in Britain. Marketing seems very minimal - does Fiat actually WANT to sell them?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Apart from my own white 124 in Cheshire, I've only seen one other on a recent trip to Beadnell in Northumberland and that was an Abarth on Harbour Road. Don't seem to be many about!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had a test drive in one, going to have a look at a 2016 Anniversary soon, pity they left out the parking camera, but a least you get a nice red badge in the grill

·
Registered
167 Posts
Had a test drive in one, going to have a look at a 2016 Anniversary soon, pity they left out the parking camera, but a least you get a nice red badge in the grill
We get the backup cam in the USA, so you should be able to get the parts and add them. When I was looking at the Mazda it does not have the cam in the USA, but the instructions were there to add a Mazda cam into the infotainment system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Even in crowded Southern California it's like hunting for UFO's. I've seen three 124's in the last five months.
Hello LongBeachJim,

I travel to Southern California pretty frequent, usually Orange County. Just spotted one in West Hollywood the other day. A black Classica, definitely like chasing UFO's!

·
Registered
241 Posts
We get the backup cam in the USA, so you should be able to get the parts and add them. When I was looking at the Mazda it does not have the cam in the USA, but the instructions were there to add a Mazda cam into the infotainment system.
Can you find the link to as I understand it's not so easy as just plug and play if you get the camera, the display needs to be configured also
Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks phillawson, getting a Fiat 124 Anniversary, comes with most of what the Lusso plus has on it except camera and keyless entry.
Wonder if the wiring is in there for the camera, will have a look when I get it and hope, as don't think I want to strip that much trim etc off, normally ends up with a rattle as it never seems to click back in the same once it's been off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi AbarthSound, only just seen your thread - been on holiday.
I have an anniversary and I have removed the trim cover on the boot and I cannot see any wiring for the camera.
Pity, I could have been tempted to add one but not worth the effort required to fit the loom required.
Unless someone knows another solution?
Danny

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Spotted a white Spider on A41 heading to Telford on Tuesday last week.
Still a rare sight in U.K.
I wasn't in my Spider,since on business trip in company car!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I saw one in Albuquerque for the first time Thursday, and it was aluminum, like mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tally has just gone up.
Spotted a black Abarth southbound on M6 yesterday afternoon around Tebay services in Cumbria area.
I was going home northbound,but the red mirrors and spoiler lip made it unmissable.
That is the only other Abarth I've seen apart from mine in 6 months!
Hope you were enjoying the drive

·
Registered
91 Posts
The tally has just gone up.
In 8 months of ownership I've seen only 3 others on the roads in the south of England, all in the Bournemouth/Poole area (makes sense as that's where the main dealership is). One black, one grey, one blue like mine (but I've never seen another with saddle/tobacco interior, not even at the dealer). You might see mine if you are down this way on a sunny day, but it's unlikely I'll ever make it to Scotland as I don't drive far these days due to knee problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Highest tally last week 3 in total
Sunday Red Lusso on Bellshill by pass around 12:45
Tuesday Black Abarth again on M6 northbound this time near Preston late afternoon.
Red Lusso again this time near Swindon on Wednesday,late afternoon.
I do get about on business, sadly not in my Spider!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saw a blue one driving towards Castle Combe village on Saturday at about 5pm. Typically I was in my Alfa 75 at the time so didn't wave in case the owner thought I was some sort of nut-job.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Any more in Scotland?
Where in Scotland are you? I'm originally from Greenock, but been living in the US for the last 13 years - currently in Denver.

Really wish I could get my Abarth on some of the roads up the west coast or in the back of beyond in Argyle. This car was made for the Strachur to Potavadie or Tighnabruaich roads.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks phillawson, getting a Fiat 124 Anniversary, comes with most of what the Lusso plus has on it except camera and keyless entry.
Wonder if the wiring is in there for the camera, will have a look when I get it and hope, as don't think I want to strip that much trim etc off, normally ends up with a rattle as it never seems to click back in the same once it's been off.
I would bet that the wiring is all there, but it may not be plugged into the CMU.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts