Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find a thread on this so I thought I'd ask...what kind of difference is there with the 4C coils? Are they overkill for those planning minimal mods or would even a stock Abarth see benefits?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I think you really only need to upgrade the coil packs if you will be turning up the performance, like what would be offered in a Phase 2 tune from Eurocompulsion. I installed NGEN coil packs on my 124 because I just happened to have a set for my previous car that I hadn't installed.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think you really only need to upgrade the coil packs if you will be turning up the performance, like what would be offered in a Phase 2 tune from Eurocompulsion. I installed NGEN coil packs on my 124 because I just happened to have a set for my previous car that I hadn't installed.
What are the differences between the 4C and NGEN coil packs?

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
I agree with sharkcohen...they deliver a more reliable spark on the top end for higher boost applications...but I doubt that you would notice the difference with most mods except maybe Phase 2 tuning...which is what I am preparing for...that is why I went with the NGEN coil packs and the Brisk plugs...just prepping for the future...I do not believe there is probably much difference between the NGEN and the 4C coil packs...just a matter of preference...

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
We get this question a lot. Which is better, the Ngen or Alfa 4C coil packs? The bottom line is that it's really difficult to quantify that, at least for me. Both of those options and the Okada coil packs are all good enough for even our Phase 3 tune with 29 pounds of boost and about 300hp.

I really can't make a strong recommendation one way or the other. My 124 runs stock coil packs, my 300hp 500 Abarth runs 4C packs. I didn't consciously purchase those over Ngens for any real reason, we just happen to have a 4C in our shop, so that's what was on my mind at the time I ordered them.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong either way.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts