Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Spider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove from Medford Lakes, NJ to Florence, KY Friday evening to pickup my ‘19 Sat morning and then drive it 606 miles home Saturday.

Love it!

It has all available US options but the black heritage racing stripe - so it’s exactly what I wanted!

Totally worth the 1200 mile round trip. I only slept about 3hr Friday night in the Fiat parking lot so I was ready to sign that paperwork and get back on the road as soon as they opened. It was a great road trip and I feel like I really learned a lot about the car quickly.

Got up this morning and gently washed all the dead bugs and road grime off, don’t worry! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Good angle as well for the photo.....Love it ! Cheers
ron

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sweet! Sound like the perfect fit.

I'd now suggest draining out that factory fill of engine oil, and the filter, and replace with new. Be careful of the oil you choose- there is a FCA/Mopar spec number (12xxx) that your manual wants it to meet. There is a Euro blend Pennzoil that gets you there, and an Amsoil that is said to exceed that spec (but the bottles don't list the FCA spec), and a few other brands as well. Do your homework on oil and filters here at this board and you'll be in good shape.
Oils, Fluids, Fuel, Additives And Lubrications

Various how-to threads, including a few for engine oil.
2017+ 124 Spider "How To" and DIY Tutorials

There is a way to change the oil without going under the car, discussed here-
hand pump, or other, to suck out motor oil

Enjoy the ride!
Steve.

Reactions: rj95lss

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Spider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd now suggest draining out that factory fill of engine oil, and the filter, and replace with new. Be careful of the oil you choose- there is a FCA/Mopar spec number (12xxx) that your manual wants it to meet. There is a Euro blend Pennzoil that gets you there, and an Amsoil that is said to exceed that spec (but the bottles don't list the FCA spec), and a few other brands as well. Do your homework on oil and filters here at this board and you'll be in good shape.
Oils, Fluids, Fuel, Additives And Lubrications

Various how-to threads, including a few for engine oil.
2017+ 124 Spider "How To" and DIY Tutorials
Figuring that out now, plan right from the start was to change the fluids within first week / 1,000 miles. THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I drove from Medford Lakes, NJ to Florence, KY Friday evening to pickup my ‘19 Sat morning and then drive it 606 miles home Saturday.
Must have been a great drive back, but I'm curious how you drove there and back in different vehicles? One way hire, went with a friend etc,?

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
22 Posts
How was the dealer experience? Was the deal worth the drive - I have a friend ready to pull the plug between Florence and Columbus, OH dealerships.

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Spider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How was the dealer experience? Was the deal worth the drive - I have a friend ready to pull the plug between Florence and Columbus, OH dealerships.
Dealer was great. Bray was who I worked with.

Totally worth the drive!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Very nice! JC1NFAEK7K0143001 or JC1NFAEK5K0143322? I think Sweeney has sold both. I had a local dealer trying to swing something (I am unable to travel at moment), but obviously Sweeney was able to move them itself. They convinced me the tri-coat white wasn't too creamy and encouraged me to find a local Abarth in which to test sit the Recaros (which fit me fine). Enjoy!

·
Registered
2019 Abarth 124 Spider
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! JC1NFAEK7K0143001 or JC1NFAEK5K0143322? I think Sweeney has sold both. I had a local dealer trying to swing something (I am unable to travel at moment), but obviously Sweeney was able to move them itself. They convinced me the tri-coat white wasn't too creamy and encouraged me to find a local Abarth in which to test sit the Recaros (which fit me fine). Enjoy!

I tried to but it through a NJ dealer and they were dicks, straight up. So I saved myself $5,500 and drive down to KY.

Pretty sure they sold 3001 too, but if you wanted the black stripe or no Recaro/Brembo they had more Abarth’s.

·
Registered
787 Posts

I tried to put it through a NJ dealer and they were dicks, straight up. So I saved myself $5,500 and drive down to KY.

Pretty sure they sold 3001 too, but if you wanted the black stripe or no Recaro/Brembo they had more Abarth’s.
Thanks for confirming (and not thinking I was a stalker). Did Sweeney deal decently? I'm not going to reward them for refusing to work through my local dealer, and I really shouldn't be making out-of-state drives right now. At any other time, the drive would be a bonus.

That car has been sitting on their lot a long, long time. What kind of shape is it in? Any tire, top, or battery issues? I have my eye on a 2020, and if I get it I'll fulfill my factory-fresh fetish.

I can live without the Recaros but then I want the red Abarth Sport Seats. Brembos are probably more cosmetic for me than functional, and the brakes can always be upgraded later.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I ended up going from NNJ to PA to get "Bianca". Did the entire deal via text...

·
Premium Member
2019 Abarth
22 Posts
I ended up going from NNJ to PA to get "Bianca". Did the entire deal via text...
I bought my Abarth via email (many) last March with a dealer in Denver 1200 miles away from Cleveland. Flew to Colorado and drove her back. Sweeney would have been my next choice but I had a specific color and options "I had to have...". My friend just bought his Abarth Monday from Crowne Fiat in Columbus, Ohio. He got a great deal on a 2020.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My friend just bought his Abarth Monday from Crowne Fiat in Columbus, Ohio. He got a great deal on a 2020.
I tried to work with Crowne. They had a car I was interested in that they sold. The salesperson told me they had an identical car that was mine if I wanted it. Great, except that it wasn't identical. It lacked a couple of my must-haves, so I turned my attention elsewhere. I don't know if he was crooked or careless. Not impressed either way. Maybe one of them was what your friend bought. I still have the VINs somewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts