Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

6'2" Spider Owner - 30 days

10K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ameridan 
#1 ·
Enjoy very much driving the 124. Although 6"2", I'm comfortable driving, even w/the top up. Took delivery on early July and have been up and down I-95 with no issues, accumulating 1500 so far. The UCONNECT has proven a challenge wrt some enhanced features, but overall -- a very enjoyable ride. One thing I need resolved are the two black plugs that I found in the trunk.

#8 ·
There was discussion about this on the mx-5 forum as well. If this is the same issue addressed by the new MX-5 ND owners, there is a hole in the frame-rail on each side of the vehicle just behind the rear doors before the back tires. Apparently some ND owners found their black plugs in different places . . . in a bag in the trunk and another between the seats. In any event, the thought is that they are holes used to ship the vehicle and the plugs should be installed.

#11 ·
There are actually 4 holes that are taped over in that spot (2 on each side) - is the tape enough to keep salt brine out? And the question remains, which pair of holes are the plugs meant for? Flying Spider posted a nice photo of the undercarriage, and it looks like there are two unplugged holes closer to the edge, but without putting my car on a hoist, I can't actually see those holes. Perhaps the are the two holes the plugs are meant for? Someone will figure this out before winter arrives ;)

#14 ·
These are super easy to install. I just did it .. 30 seconds each.
Definitely was a hole where they belong.

No idea the exact purpose, but installation complete.
Surprised the dealer didn't do it as part of delivery prep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.