Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

6'2" Spider Owner - 30 days

10K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  ameridan 
#1 ·
Enjoy very much driving the 124. Although 6"2", I'm comfortable driving, even w/the top up. Took delivery on early July and have been up and down I-95 with no issues, accumulating 1500 so far. The UCONNECT has proven a challenge wrt some enhanced features, but overall -- a very enjoyable ride. One thing I need resolved are the two black plugs that I found in the trunk.

#8 ·
There was discussion about this on the mx-5 forum as well. If this is the same issue addressed by the new MX-5 ND owners, there is a hole in the frame-rail on each side of the vehicle just behind the rear doors before the back tires. Apparently some ND owners found their black plugs in different places . . . in a bag in the trunk and another between the seats. In any event, the thought is that they are holes used to ship the vehicle and the plugs should be installed.

#11 ·
There are actually 4 holes that are taped over in that spot (2 on each side) - is the tape enough to keep salt brine out? And the question remains, which pair of holes are the plugs meant for? Flying Spider posted a nice photo of the undercarriage, and it looks like there are two unplugged holes closer to the edge, but without putting my car on a hoist, I can't actually see those holes. Perhaps the are the two holes the plugs are meant for? Someone will figure this out before winter arrives ;)

#14 ·
These are super easy to install. I just did it .. 30 seconds each.
Definitely was a hole where they belong.

No idea the exact purpose, but installation complete.
Surprised the dealer didn't do it as part of delivery prep.

#15 ·
I did ask. They didnt know where they went. On a lift, it would be easy to spot.
however this was really the second car of this type they received, so I gave them a pass. I also pressed them to get the car to me quickly.. trailer to keys in hand in probably 4 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.