Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
124 Spider Vendor
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I doubt the 6UL wheels can be beat for LIGHT and STRONG.

Not merely something that can be bolted to this platform, but actually developed ON THIS PLATFORM. When the platform that became the ND, and now the Fiat 124 was in testing at Mazda, we were there measuring to make wheels precisely to what this platform needs. My buddy Emilio of 949 Racing below with me at Mazda headquarters in June 2015, which was about a month before this platform was released to the public. Thus, the 6UL Wheels were designed to fit this platform, on this platform, which cannot be said about any other choice but the factory wheels.

Developed in cooperation with my old racing buddies at 949 Racing, multiple winners of the 25 Hours of Thunderhill. For a taste of the extreme testing abuse put to these wheels, see video about the 25 below:

For Street customers the 17x8 6UL is amazing 14.8 pounds....that means Abarth owners can save about 7 pounds per corner for big improvement in handling AND ride quality.
Tungsten 17x8 shown here.

And for the guys racing, 17x9 is 15.4 pounds!
Charcoal 17x9 shown here.

First TOP TIME OF DAY result with our Fiat on Beryllium color 17x9 6UL. More choices on the site (including BRONZE).

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I want these wheels.

Reactions: Bulldog66

·
Registered
563 Posts
Designwise I love everything on the 124 Abarth except the wheels. I hate black (or very dark) wheels and these look great plus the weight reduction. These wheels would be my second upgrade after the GFB DV+ and a decent intake.

·
124 Spider Vendor
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Miata version of this chassis comes with 17x7 factory wheels that are a bit over 17 pounds each.
I was shocked when first Abarth customer told me that he weighed his Abarth factory 17x7 at over 21 pounds each.
Then another Abarth customer told me that he got 22 pounds each for the factory Abarth 124 17x7.

Whether the 17x7 Abarth is 21 or 22, that is shockingly heavy for the size as evidenced by the Mazda version of very same size at just 17 pounds. Obviously they wanted a 'look' more than performance, and the good news for Abarth owners is that they have a pretty easy spot to drop unsprung weight and make the handling and ride noticeably better.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Available widths and offsets? 9" is way too wide for the street (not to mention illegal here in Aus :( )

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Why does her GWR tow hook fit snug to the grill and mine is 2.5 inches away? Also is the lower grill trim paint or an accessory? I have seen it on another car on the forum. BTW the wheels look great.
Dan ....I am guessing that Kathi is using the shorter (rear bump mount post) in the front.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts