Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car was in to verify the t-stat issue, so they could order me a new one, I asked them to check the A/C, as i did not think it was up to snuff. True we have had 95 degree weather and it has been super humid but even after 20 minutes of driving in re-circulation mode it was only comfortable. So of course the day they looked at it the temps were more reasonable and they tell me the a/c duct temp is within acceptable limits. I told them that's great and all but go ahead and suck the freon out and find out if it has a full charge. Turns out the freon was down about 25% from full, doesn't take much to do that as the system doesn't hold much.

I did drive it for a few days and I still did not think it was as cold as I thought it should get. It is now back in the shop and I told them to readdress this issue.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well that is so weird went to do an edit and instead it reposted it?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
When my car was in to verify the t-stat issue, so they could order me a new one, I asked them to check the A/C, as i did not think it was up to snuff. True we have had 95 degree weather and it has been super humid but even after 20 minutes of driving in re-circulation mode it was only comfortable. So of course the day they looked at it the temps were more reasonable and they tell me the a/c duct temp is within acceptable limits. I told them that's great and all but go ahead and suck the freon out and find out if it has a full charge. Turns out the freon was down about 25% from full, doesn't take much to do that as the system doesn't hold much.

I did drive it for a few days and I still did not think it was as cold as I thought it should get. It is now back in the shop and I told them to readdress this issue.
The charge in mine was at something like 10% the day I picked it up. They recharged it and loaded it with die to check for leaks, but it seems OK. Hasn't been off-the-chart hot yet though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts