Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have already taken delivery, and want to add an extra visual "pop" to the interior, I came across these the other day, thought they looked pretty cool:

https://www.carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/floor-mats-quilted-design-3/

They fit ND miatas, which should have the exact same floor sub-structure as the 124.

The black/red should look killer with the Abarth/Recaro combination. There's a black mat w/ black stitching, and lastly there's an option which is very, very close to the saddle color in the Lussos.

Prices are very affordable, and I think the look is tops. Definitely at home in an Italian car.

Manicci is the brand, in case anyone wants to look at their Facebook page (they make mats for many other premium brands).

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a cool idea . Love the full coverage.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Thanks. It is great to have choices. I agree they should look killer with the Recaro seats.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you guys might like them.

I think they would look out of place in a "common" car, but since the 124 is a bit of a specialty vehicle, it works.

I'm not sure I would use them in a daily driver, but for a weekend/fair-weather toy, they'd be perfect.

I REALLY hope someone with the tan/saddle seats get the tan floor. Super classy look.

·
Registered
805 Posts
ForzaFiata:

Nice suggestion, just checked out the link. emailed them for more info, i.e. confirming they fit 124 floor pan, which by all accounts they should. Looks that they are out of Shanghai. If you cruise the website you'll notice they are a one piece design, and appear to be a quick and easy install. Thanks again for the tip.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I thought you guys might like them.

I think they would look out of place in a "common" car, but since the 124 is a bit of a specialty vehicle, it works.

I'm not sure I would use them in a daily driver, but for a weekend/fair-weather toy, they'd be perfect.

I REALLY hope someone with the tan/saddle seats get the tan floor. Super classy look.
Personally I think these look like pajamas for the floor, but to each his own. The colors are nice.

Reactions: Y2HBK and hefbadr

·
Registered
805 Posts
kpoling: I'm still laughing at your comment as I type this. I don't wear pajamas, but if I did I would like black with black stitching. I would like the same for my Fiat. I'm guessing you wear pjs!!! What's your color combo? All in good fun, tongue in cheek. Thanks for the laugh and making my day brighter. I love this forum!!!

·
Administrator
425 Posts
Always like the idea of doing this (some also get it done to their trunk) especially since its what I seen in high end supercars/hypercars and even cars from tuning brands like Brabus and Hamann.

Example from a hypercar (although not the best example)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking more along the lines of Spyker, but yes, I've seen a few Brabus/Carlsson Mercedes cars with it as well.

For the price, it's a super deal. The black/red is definitely subjective... it might even look better with red seats, as it would make the floor appear darker relative to the seats. If the majority of your interior is black, then having the majority of red accenting in the floorboard might stand out too much.

Attachments

Reactions: jleo

·
Registered
805 Posts
Just received email from carbonmiata...they confirmed these mats fit the 124, and are an easy install...no need to remove seats...just install and tuck in place. By the way, check out 500 Madness for alternative to Weathertech mats.
They have some with a little more character and a bit cheaper. Got a set coming.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would probably feel like Hugh Hefner in that black/red interior. I wonder if girls would like it?
Well.. girls dig good ol' Hefner... so theoretically, I think they should like it too... right?

Someone needs to confirm this though, as I'll purchase it even before I get my hands on a 124 ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well.. girls dig good ol' Hefner... so theoretically, I think they should like it too... right?

Someone needs to confirm this though, as I'll purchase it even before I get my hands on a 124 ;)
I would say you're safe to place the order... I studied the floor pans of both platforms, and they appear identical. The 124 even has that little hump in the passenger footwell, and I know my humps -- I studied them extensively in college.

The trunk (boot, for you UK folks) might be slightly different as I've read/imagined that the 124 has more room due to the larger rear overhang.

But the cabin area should be virtually identical.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If they are truly easy to install, I might just buy a set for "dress up" occasions.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Carbonmiata is charging $55 for shipping. Someone on the forum mentioned Manicci. Just ordered from them at $199 with website discount and free shipping. Looks like the identical product. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carbonmiata is charging $55 for shipping. Someone on the forum mentioned Manicci. Just ordered from them at $199 with website discount and free shipping. Looks like the identical product. I'll keep you posted.
Correct, Manicci is the way to go. They have been boosting their ads heavily on Facebook as of late.

·
Registered
805 Posts
ForzaFiata:

Manicci just kicked back my order and refunded my paypal account. They cannot supply this item. They "don't have any patterns to produce at this time." Talking a big game with nothing to back it up!!!! Meanwhile received a set of mats from Madness, lighter and better looking than W/Tech, and a perfect fit and decent look. Check them out.

Makes you wonder if Manicci was buying from Carbonmiata, and then got cut off. The items sure look identical!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts