Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this one outside of my build thread. Finished buttoning this up last night. Need to go pick up some better boost line and a breather but she's working. Still need to have the tune adjusted for it to get the most out of it, but for now she runs... and she's definitely faster.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Eddie, I think we have found something we can wholeheartedly agree on. I think that turbo is a pretty good choice. It won't hurt the bottom end much, boost threshold only goes up a little, but it can really pump out air at the high end. I sincerely hope you like it and it works well for your goals.

Greg

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eddie, I think we have found something we can wholeheartedly agree on. I think that turbo is a pretty good choice. It won't hurt the bottom end much, boost threshold only goes up a little, but it can really pump out air at the high end. I sincerely hope you like it and it works well for your goals.

Greg
Thank you Greg. I agree. I'm sure you'll end up going down this route at some point so as a heads up, the actuator makes a bit of contact with the heat shield under the hood. Relocating the actuator about 5 degrees counter clockwise would fix that. Also, the engine side coolant line is only an inch too short. It looks like it will reach when eying it up but it doesn't.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
We are actually going down a different path with the 124, although I certainly support anyone using the 1752, I think it's a good choice.

Greg

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are actually going down a different path with the 124, although I certainly support anyone using the 1752, I think it's a good choice.

Greg
Sounds like fun. I'm sure whatever you do will be a blast. This isn't the path I'm taking either. It's just a temporary setup. I'm going to be using a GTX28 Gen II with the built engine.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that is cool! Will you be posting dyno numbers up when you get it dialed in?
I will post that data in my build thread once I get down to the dyno.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts