Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
So many fart sound comments. :D Would be nice to see the Abarth 124 in a rally instead of just stunts. That's what they did with ye olde 124 and it won the European Rally Championship.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think some Bean'o is in order here.... ****!!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
But I think, this car has the Alpha 4C engine. Any one has the Euro lite, that can do this, if so I don't want one. LOL

·
Vendor
3,370 Posts
But I think, this car has the Alpha 4C engine. Any one has the Euro lite, that can do this, if so I don't want one. LOL
I am afraid Euro+Drive Lite can't quite do that. I know you were joking, but here is a list of what needed to get each engine up to 300 horsepower.

1. Alfa Romeo 4C's 1750. A fairly mild ECU tune, that's it.

2. Fiat 1.4 MULTIAIR Turbo. Bigger turbo, hi-performance camshaft, 3" hi-flow downpipe with a full 2.5" exhaust, Efficient cold air and ram air intake, Big intercooler, Forge blow off valve, a very agressive ECU tune that alters fuel, timing, limiters, multi-air and more, then you should probably add a water injection system for extra protection.

In other words, it's relatively easy to get the Alfa engine up to 300hp. You have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the 1.4 to do it. However it can be done. Euro+Drive Lite doesn't currently control a large enough range of parameters to do this.

Greg

·
Banned
425 Posts
These Monte Carlo Rally videos are serious fun! Understand they are running 1.6 liter multi-air with serious tuning as well. A bit much for the street, but our engines tweaked up to about 225 to 250 hp would be real sleepers on any kind of twisty roads or rally type course. I wonder how tuned the Bondurant Riats will be? Can't wait to get out there and see what they are doing and drive those things with some serious coaching. To think the price of that coarse alone is the difference between the Lusso and Abarth and you get LSD, Bilstein shocks, reinforced front struts, and a better exhaust as well some upgraded interior bits. Such a deal!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Gotta wonder what those "tweaks" they made were alongside the Michelin tires and slightly envious that the overall winner gets a street-legal Abarth 124 spider as a prize.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts