Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
Looking to get a 124 Abarth, and I have a 2013 Abarth 500C.
Love my current car, and have it for sale, but it is not worth much. Can't do both, since I have too many Italian cars already, plus others....
I really like the 500C exhaust note, and the 124 has a more mellow sound. I know I will miss the no muffler rumble in the 500.......

So, anyone have any comparison between the 500 and 124.......

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got a 500c when they first came out in 2011, had a lot of fun, traded it in for a 500c Abarth when they came out. Had a lot more fun with the extra power on the hills of San Francisco. Ran up 60k miles in 3 years, swapped that one for a 124 prima - having even more fun. I don't miss the exhaust sound - the Abarth sounded ok, but if I want noise I turn up the radio. The Abarth 124 was not out yet when I got my 124, but I really liked the blue with the tan leather - probably not worth it to me for the slight increase in power of the Abarth, and I don't like the color choices.

Go for the 124. When I got rid of my 2nd 500, I had good luck with Autonation - got a great price quote from them for my car via their website - went down to a local Autonation Toyota dealer dropped the car off and got a check. Carmax and KBB both offer the same service.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I think GREG, wrote a comparison on both not long ago. Don't remember under what topic.,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We, it's all about to happen, giving up my Abarth 500, for a 2018 Abarth 124......

Really enjoyed the Abarth 500, and I will miss it,,,,,, Just hope the 124 makes that feeling go away.... OF course, will need to wait for the weather to improve.........

·
Vendor
3,657 Posts
The 124 is far superior as a performance car. It's designed as a performance car. The 500s are designed as economy cars, and the 500 Abarth is really a souped up economy car. Fiat did a great job with the 500 Abarth, but it can't compare to a legit performance chassis.

However, the 500 wins on practicality. It's more comfortable, better on long trips, and you can put a lot more in it, so each has it's advantages.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts