Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This past Sunday, I ran the AMSOIL booth for the AMSOIL sponsored AMSOIL Ironman GNCC Racing event with a buddy of mine (that's his F-150). They had 2400 racing quads and dirtbikes at the event that weekend, with a few times that amount in foot traffic. The Abarth, top down, was a spectacle. There wasn't a single person who wasn't staring at the car as they walked by, and most people would come to check out the car, walking around it, wondering what the heck it was. Despite the event sponsor's double booth being right there and the corporate trailer behind it, the Abarth got the most attention. Excellent promotional car (which is why I bought it - a business vehicle). FIAT got a lot of publicity that day at the show and on the AMSOIL Racing Facebook page later that day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Well done, XR!! Finally, some much needed publicity for our car, other than us owners just driving them around. Fiat should be sending you a check.

Steve.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cool. I was just there for a Shane Watts school at the beginning of summer. Lots of fun. I can’t imagine riding those trails with that many bikes. Have to make it there for the event one of these years.

·
Administrator
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool. I was just there for a Shane Watts school at the beginning of summer. Lots of fun. I can’t imagine riding those trails with that many bikes. Have to make it there for the event one of these years.
They let groups of 30 or so start every 10 seconds, and it's split up among 4 races, so 600 per race. Still a lot of people. Should have seen the drone cam footage of that place.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shane Watts school, loved it! He has some skills! Limped for a week after though, my bike landed on me. Just one of many lessons I guess.

Bet the event was fun to be at. I have always loved setting up a tent and being around passionate people with great product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts