1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! I'll go in august instead! Where do you go? If you go to Rome let me know ill give you some tips!
Hey did you change your exhaust yet? Very curious to here it in person before i buy it!

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Ciao everyone!!!
Finally got my 124 Abarth. Took it for a spin on PCH first and second day of life.
It is freaking AWESOME!!!!!

Missing Italy a little less now!
I am glad you like it, the car really does have that Italian flair and feel. That's tough to explain, but it's how I feel.

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg i dont like it i love it!!!! Feel i can sneak everywhere like i did back in Rome on my motorcycle!!
Just wish it was a bit louder...
What do you suggest as far goodwin exhaust?
Just last section of exhaust or +mid pipe?
Also what is the sound difference with the resonator vs no resonator?
Did you guys ever had the chance to hear goodwin vs monza?

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I don't really have a solid opinion on exhaust mods for this car. I haven't heard any of the aftermarket systems in person, and I don't think anyone has had the chance to compare them side by side.

I am confident that the Goodwin, Record Monza, Remus, and Ricambi systems are all great, and I could make a good argument for any of them, but without seeing and hearing them in person, I just can't really compare them, let alone the various options on each.

Now....later this week at the Dragon, it's possible there will be some 124s there with exhaust mods, and if so, Toby, Jordan, and Chris will be in a good position to evaluate them and give me feedback. Certainly by next year's dragon, there will be lots of modded 124s, but at the moment there just isn't any good comparison data.

Personally, at this point, I would just mod the rear section, but that's not based on science, it's just because I would want the look and sound, the mid pipe doesn't contribute anything to appearance, and comparatively little to sound.

At some point, we will have great comparison data, like we do in the 500 Abarth world. Here is an interesting video comparing sound from downpipe mods, same engine, but obviously different car:

Greg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Greg!!!
I guess for now i can mod just the end of it.. maybe later on i can always add midpipe and cross pipe..!
Hey instead was looking at eurocompulsion ECUs...
I would love to have low electrical modification and be able to switch between a couple of maps quickly, what do you suggest? I saw one is via OBD maybe that one!? (Does it need to be always attached also during driving or can be taken off after flashing the map?)
Other question..i saw many of you had it for a while.. any concern on engine durability?

Ps: saw another vendor has ecus with map switch via phone app, worth it!? What do you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts