Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1020 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very simple, email Fiat and let them know how disappointed you are that the 500 has the Abarth emblem and not the Spider, Europe and Australia has it(I think)

When they get lots of dissatisfied email maybe they can send us one for free.

my seats don't have the Abarth written on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do I get a Abarth badge for my fiat steringwheel? What does it look like and how do I replace it Fiat one?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
How do I get a Abarth badge for my fiat steringwheel? What does it look like and how do I replace it Fiat one?

Thanks for your help.
Step 1: Someone that wants one needs to step up to the plate and coordinate obtaining a batch. (so far, none of the forum members who have recently expressed a desire for the replacement badge have shown willingness to make the effort to do so).
Step 2: Whoever accepts the task needs to contact Murat (contact info is listed very early in this thread), and ask him if he can or will coordinate the manufacture and sale of another batch of badgers.
Step 3: From this point on, it's based on the assumption that Murat is willing to assist. He's done this twice before for us, but it's not something to be taken for granted. If he agrees to get them made, then you need to poll the members here to find out who will commit to acquiring new badges and how many they will buy. That will let you determine how many need to be produced. Using previous batches as an example, you can anticipate the price per badge to be in the $8 to $10 USD range.
Step 4: The person coordinating this then needs to provide shipping information to Murat, and then transfer funds to him via Western Union.
Step 5: Upon arrival, take payment from the site members who said they would purchase, and establish some form of payment that works for you. Bank eTransfer works nicely, or some of us used PayPal (much hullabaloo on that topic as one individual had a major issue with using PayPal for what he considered unethical purposes, but had no concerns with the ethics of purchasing a counterfeit steering wheel badge). PayPal is easy, as is bank eTransfer. Slip the badges into a regular envelope, and take it to the post office. They fit in the regular thickness allowed for regular mail envelopes and postage will be under a buck per envelope.

FWIW, all of us who have coordinated these before, including Murat, have done this at zero profit. We just managed the production and distribution at cost as a favour to our fellow Spider owners.

Now, to get to your question regarding how to place the badge on. They are a perfect match for size to the existing Fiat badge on the steering wheel. Clean the existing badge well with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil or dirt residue. Let dry for a couple of minutes. You can then peel the backing off the badge and carefully align it and press it on the steering wheel covering the existing badge. You'll want to hold it in place firmly for a minute of so to ensure a good bond. NB. Best to do this in a nice warm environment. Better still, one member recommended using a heat gun on low setting and gently heat the steering wheel badge area, and the new badge to warm them both up... not hot to the point where something is going to melt or burn, just very nicely warm and hot to the touch. Then apply the badge over the existing steering wheel Fiat badge and press in place for about a minute. You don't need to do a full on press that results in the horn going off for a minute, just a nice firm pressure all around the badge. It will secure very nicely, and as others as well as myself will state, they do not slide or fall off over time. It works well, and looks good.

Hope this helps, should you choose to accept your mission.

This tape will destruct in 5 seconds. 4 3 2 1 psssftffttt :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
The link to the stickers on the Turkish seller’s web site still works, so I would assume the badge stickers would still be available to get. As @CDPond said though, the issues would be primarily related to someone in the US/Canada being willing to organize a group buy, contact Murat, and see if he’d be willing to do another bulk order, and then coordinating distribution and payment in the US/Canada.

Reasons for all the logistics are:

1. The sellers speak only Turkish
2. They do not ship to the US/Canada

So this could be done, but it will take someone willing to step up to coordinate. Because of my crazy work/travel schedules, I am not able but hopefully someone can do this for those of you who weren’t in on the first two orders a couple of years ago.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can find one on the Wish app...
The link to the stickers on the Turkish seller’s web site still works, so I would assume the badge stickers would still be available to get. As @CDPond said though, the issues would be primarily related to someone in the US/Canada being willing to organize a group buy, contact Murat, and see if he’d be willing to do another bulk order, and then coordinating distribution and payment in the US/Canada.

Reasons for all the logistics are:

1. The sellers speak only Turkish
2. They do not ship to the US/Canada

So this could be done, but it will take someone willing to step up to coordinate. Because of my crazy work/travel schedules, I am not able but hopefully someone can do this for those of you who weren’t in on the first two orders a couple of years ago.

You can find a steering wheel sticker on the Wish App:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
You can find one on the Wish app...

You can find a steering wheel sticker on the Wish App:
You can find lots of hub stickers that look like the one in the photo you published.... amazon, ebay, etc. The ones that are being discussed in this thread are ones that are a match for what is on the steering wheels of the European Abarth spiders, and later model Abarth spiders as shipped to North America. You can't find them on any reseller site on the web that I'm aware of. I (and many others) had one of the hub versions as well, until I could get an OEM lookalike replacement.

Related FYI. My first hub Abarth stick-on that I used was on an aluminum base material, but the thought of that coming off during an airbag deployment scared the H E double hockey sticks out of me. I later found ones that were the same look as the one you posted, but on a plastic material. Still likely some risk, but lesser so. If you just want to cover up the Fiat logo on your steering wheel and aren't looking for an OEM appearance, these are fit for purpose.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you dig around on Etsy, there are a few guys selling flexible Abarth hub stickers in a wide choice of colors, styles and diameters - the ones I got were from a guy named "Scoobymad" and they're well-made and reasonably priced. (I just contacted him to ask if he might be able to make up some steering wheel stickers. Will let you know if I hear back.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Step 1: Someone that wants one needs to step up to the plate and coordinate obtaining a batch. (so far, none of the forum members who have recently expressed a desire for the replacement badge have shown willingness to make the effort to do so).
Step 2: Whoever accepts the task needs to contact Murat (contact info is listed very early in this thread), and ask him if he can or will coordinate the manufacture and sale of another batch of badgers.
Step 3: From this point on, it's based on the assumption that Murat is willing to assist. He's done this twice before for us, but it's not something to be taken for granted. If he agrees to get them made, then you need to poll the members here to find out who will commit to acquiring new badges and how many they will buy. That will let you determine how many need to be produced. Using previous batches as an example, you can anticipate the price per badge to be in the $8 to $10 USD range.
Step 4: The person coordinating this then needs to provide shipping information to Murat, and then transfer funds to him via Western Union.
Step 5: Upon arrival, take payment from the site members who said they would purchase, and establish some form of payment that works for you. Bank eTransfer works nicely, or some of us used PayPal (much hullabaloo on that topic as one individual had a major issue with using PayPal for what he considered unethical purposes, but had no concerns with the ethics of purchasing a counterfeit steering wheel badge). PayPal is easy, as is bank eTransfer. Slip the badges into a regular envelope, and take it to the post office. They fit in the regular thickness allowed for regular mail envelopes and postage will be under a buck per envelope.

FWIW, all of us who have coordinated these before, including Murat, have done this at zero profit. We just managed the production and distribution at cost as a favour to our fellow Spider owners.

Now, to get to your question regarding how to place the badge on. They are a perfect match for size to the existing Fiat badge on the steering wheel. Clean the existing badge well with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil or dirt residue. Let dry for a couple of minutes. You can then peel the backing off the badge and carefully align it and press it on the steering wheel covering the existing badge. You'll want to hold it in place firmly for a minute of so to ensure a good bond. NB. Best to do this in a nice warm environment. Better still, one member recommended using a heat gun on low setting and gently heat the steering wheel badge area, and the new badge to warm them both up... not hot to the point where something is going to melt or burn, just very nicely warm and hot to the touch. Then apply the badge over the existing steering wheel Fiat badge and press in place for about a minute. You don't need to do a full on press that results in the horn going off for a minute, just a nice firm pressure all around the badge. It will secure very nicely, and as others as well as myself will state, they do not slide or fall off over time. It works well, and looks good.

This is the bible for how to get these. Only thing I will add is that Murat had, at least previously, needed payment through Western Union.

It was too fine of a line for me to navigate with charging enough per sticker to both not make and not lose money on this, especially since I already had mine. If someone steps up to do this again, I personally see no issue with making sure your costs are covered. If you're left with 20 stickers unsold, you're sitting on close to $100. They'll sell eventually, no doubt, but I hope my overall point makes sense.

The stickers are extremely high quality and look great. I paid the organizer of the purchase more than he paid per sticker in the spirit of the above-mentioned. They were well worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
If you dig around on Etsy, there are a few guys selling flexible Abarth hub stickers in a wide choice of colors, styles and diameters - the ones I got were from a guy named "Scoobymad" and they're well-made and reasonably priced. (I just contacted him to ask if he might be able to make up some steering wheel stickers. Will let you know if I hear back.)
It would be wonderful if he could recreate, to the same level of quality, an identical version to that we source via Murat in Turkey. He's done an incredible job for us, but it would be much faster and potentially less cost (due to shipping) if it could be produced in North America. I'm assuming that's what you're checking on with this guy, right? A version that replicates the OEM Abarth steering wheel badge? Thank you for investigating this for folks.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It would be wonderful if he could recreate, to the same level of quality, an identical version to that we source via Murat in Turkey. He's done an incredible job for us, but it would be much faster and potentially less cost (due to shipping) if it could be produced in North America. I'm assuming that's what you're checking on with this guy, right? A version that replicates the OEM Abarth steering wheel badge? Thank you for investigating this for folks.
Yup. If he can do it, we could just order directly from his Etsy store - saving a LOT of hassle.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks CDpond
How many members want me to do this?

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Thanks CDpond
How many members want me to do this?
Congratuations for stepping up to the plate on this. I and a few others have done it, and it's not really all that bad. My humble recommendation would be to create a new thread enttiles something like "2020 Abarth Steering Wheel Badge Order", and then reply to this thread to point to the new thread and kill this 50 page post. That way you'll be starting with a clean slate which will make it easier for you to deal with. Good luck and best wishes for success. Once again, congrats for taking on the task.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, starting inn '19 they put the right airbag on the car...

By the way - I've heard back and he says he can do round ones like the aluminum ones, but of the soft plastic. I'm thinking that if enough people ask, he might be able to do the "shield" shape. Send a message/request to "Scoobymad" on Etsy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, starting inn '19 they put the right airbag on the car...

By the way - I've heard back and he says he can do round ones like the aluminum ones, but of the soft plastic. I'm thinking that if enough people ask, he might be able to do the "shield" shape. Send a message/request to "Scoobymad" on Etsy.
So is there a separate thread to get the horn emblem? I did not see them on scoobymad’s etsy store.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I am still learning how to use this BB:)
If you need a hand with setting up the new thread, let me know. PM me and I can help you set it up your new thread. Pretty easy to do once you figure it out. I was going to offer to create it for you, but it would be better for the thread to be under your name as the creator since it's your order you'll be coordinating. But before we jump the gun on this, you will wan to touch base with Murat to see if he can provide them for you. If he can't, then the rest of this is a moot point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know there is no current solution....but just in case someone has any ideas....how can we swap this Fiat emblem ?
I rebranded my 124 Spider with Abarth logos found at wish.com: steering wheel, wheels, bonnet, trunk, wings... Some required a little adjustment.

981 - 1000 of 1020 Posts