Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received these emblems from an eBay seller. Paid $16.44 for them with the tax.

They are both the same side instead of a L/R set, but I knew that when I ordered them.

Pros: They are visually accurate to the Abarth logo. Colors are good. Curving Abarth script looks right. The borders are chrome as they should be.

Con: THEY ARE TINY! Not at all what I was expecting.
I may be able to use one of them on the base of the expensive 1/18 scale Abarth 124 model I purchased at Christmas. That’s about it.
Sleeve Font Rectangle Glove Wood

Let's try one with the model

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

I REALLY LIKE THE EMBLEM HERE. YES, I'M OK WITH IT. I have one left over if anyone is interested. PM me.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
757 Posts
Sadly, as you’ve found, there are a lot of cheap garbage knockoffs of the genuine Mopar side badges out there. The real ones are not cheap…they are close to $100 US for a pair. But they are curved to fit the fenders and will look good long-term. It’s the old story, “You Get What You Pay For”, and “Buyer Beware”.

Reactions: 2020 Nordamericano

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just received these emblems from an eBay seller. Paid $16.44 for them with the tax.

They are both the same side instead of a L/R set, but I knew that when I ordered them.

Pros: They are visually accurate to the Abarth logo. Colors are good. Curving Abarth script looks right. The borders are chrome as they should be.

Con: THEY ARE TINY! Not at all what I was expecting.
I may be able to use one of them on the base of the expensive 1/18 scale Abarth 124 model I purchased at Christmas. That’s about it. View attachment 84047
Should look okay on the glove box cubby door?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I love the ones I bought and installed...

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not a fan of those side badges. I'm glad my 2018 Abarth didn't come with them. To each their own, but for me I like a "clean" look. If I could, I'd get rid of the two HUGE emblems (on the front and on the truck).

·
Registered
497 Posts
The PO of my car put on some crappy reproduction fender badges. The colors have already faded from the minimal sun that it sees. It mostly sits in the garage, so that definitely shows the quality, or lack thereof. I am going to get them removed when I take it in to get some vinyl work done in the next month or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.