Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While running errands I walked through the lot of the Fiat/Alfa dealership in Austin (Nyle Maxwell Fiat), checking out some Guilias. Came across a white Abarth (manual transmission) with a 'Sale' sign on the dash, and price of $21,985. Tires seemed new, not sure if it's a demo, but also still had protective plastic on the Infotainment screen. With a price that low, I figured somebody might be interested, so posting here.

Disclaimer: zero affiliation, other than having bought my 124 from them as a walk-in/first time Fiat buyer.

Thx, S

Attachments

·
Banned
425 Posts
Doesn't show up on their website but it is clearly marked on the window. If I was in the market, I would call their bluff and offer what is on the sign. Would be a good deal on a new car, even a demo. Thanks for posting.
I was at my dealer yesterday and you could not put another car on his lot. And our cars or 500's for that matter don't take up much space. He said the Guilias are selling well.
And so I am not misunderstood, I do believe the price is real. It is month end with a holiday weekend. He may be within reach of a quota earning him a nice monthly bonus, not surprising he would let one go at near cost in order to make his month.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That is a great price for an Abarth :O

Did you talk to anyone about it on the inside? If that's what's listed on the car, and someone on here was interested, screenshot this post and take it in and grab that bad boy! (the screenshot is just in case it's different lol)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a great price for an Abarth :O

Did you talk to anyone about it on the inside? If that's what's listed on the car, and someone on here was interested, screenshot this post and take it in and grab that bad boy! (the screenshot is just in case it's different lol)
Nah, they were closed today. I did find the car on their site with the VIN (in the picture), it's showing at $30k-ish. At least in the Austin area, that dealer seems to have a decent reputation, fwiw.

Thx, S

·
Super Moderator
949 Posts
yes, a deal for sure!

Nah, they were closed today. I did find the car on their site with the VIN (in the picture), it's showing at $30k-ish. At least in the Austin area, that dealer seems to have a decent reputation, fwiw.

Thx, S
You're right about Maxwell. Years ago we needed a minivan (and I needed a shrink to get over that) and we were stunned not to get "skinned" at the Maxwell store out in Taylor, TX. For the rest of you, that's not a convenient location!
They behaved with such honesty and transparency we bought a replacement 3 years later after 65K uneventful miles (another miracle). Maxwell is a straight-shooter and his dealerships reflect that.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
609 Posts
As the old saying goes, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. I talked to the saleswoman there and this is what she told me when I asked her about the price on the window sign:

"No, I'm sorry, that sign was an error, someone put the wrong sign in the wrong vehicle. The MSRP on that car is around $30,000. We do have some rebates and incentives, but not $9000 discount. It is one of our only white abarth spiders however, would love to make you a deal."

As I have said before, a dealer does not have that much profit in a 124; however, they do have a lot of 124s so someone could probably make a good deal on one of them.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Bob, if that happened here in Quebec, I would take a picture, or even better a video, show up on Monday morning to the dealer, and guess what, that would be the selling price of the car. It's called false advertising. The law stipulated if you put a ticket price(off course lower than normal selling) and some one claims the car, the dealer has to sell the car that price. Sure they will tell you it's a mistake, and so on, at the end they will have to sell you the car at that price.

This 4 French doors Samsung 33" fridge they all sell $2,250. plus taxes. Sears Canada by mistake on their web site was selling for $1,899. I was looking for this fridge, so I showed up at Home depot with the Sears web site info, and here the policy goes if they sell it cheaper else where, they will sell it at the lowest price plus another 10% discount on the lowest price. A couple hours later, Sears a couple hours later puts back the old price. Yes Sears, screwed it up, but to get the extra 10% discount the others pay for it since I almost all retailers have same policy.
So Home depot sold me the fridge for $1,720. plus taxes. shipping included.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Great job frankmar! The rules here in the US are slightly different albeit I am not sure about autos, but I venture to say there would be no way for someone to show up and get the car for what the window sale had; I am sure it is gone now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts