Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

Registered
Purchased a set of Grande Punto Abarth badges, the front one is the same as above, the rear one, the fixing pins that pop into two recessed plastic pieces on the boot(trunk) are not the same distance apart so will not fit,you could just use the sticky pad to fix it on.My plan is to turn two brass pins copying the orginal ones but with a thread on the back to screw into the rear Abarth badge positioned the same distance apart and clip it into the plastic pieces
How did you manage to undo the nut on the front badge, I see you have a flexable shaft driver, did you go through the upper front grill

Registered
TBH - the Standard A124 badges are cheap and tacky

I am thinking what I could replace them with - they are sorta bugging me

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased a set of Grande Punto Abarth badges, the front one is the same as above, the rear one, the fixing pins that pop into two recessed plastic pieces on the boot(trunk) are not the same distance apart so will not fit,you could just use the sticky pad to fix it on.My plan is to turn two brass pins copying the orginal ones but with a thread on the back to screw into the rear Abarth badge positioned the same distance apart and clip it into the plastic pieces
How did you manage to undo the nut on the front badge, I see you have a flexable shaft driver, did you go through the upper front grill
There is reverse angle when you take out the nut that's why you need control tool angle. I think photos will explain better than words

Attachments

Registered

Registered
There is no Abarth brand in my Country, I like Abarth look. That's why ordering mirror covers and other parts
Wow, murat124, I wasn鈥檛 aware of that. What a bummer! Where are you from? I wouldn鈥檛 be happy if Abarths weren鈥檛 available here in America, in fact most US Abarth owners wish that their Abarths were configured identical to the European version, most of which deals with badging.

Registered
As far as the standard badging, I'd have chosen none on either hood or boot. It would increase confusion in onlookers. But smaller is preferable.

Best regards
Pete
Agree to the smaller the better. I deleted the rear badge, but was unable to delete the front due to the round recess under the front badge. The nose is plastic and doesn鈥檛 lend itself to bodywork well. I didn鈥檛 want a huge plug of Bondo filling it

Registered
There is reverse angle when you take out the nut that's why you need control tool angle. I think photos will explain better than words
Murat,

A big big thank you. Using your approach it took me less than 2 minutes to remove the front badge. For anyone wondering it is a 10mm nut and is very easy to loosen with a flexible bit set.

TheSalamander

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Murat,

A big big thank you. Using your approach it took me less than 2 minutes to remove the front badge. For anyone wondering it is a 10mm nut and is very easy to loosen with a flexible bit set.

TheSalamander
You鈥檙e welcome 馃槉

Registered
1 - 20 of 27 Posts