Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought it at Manhattan Fiat. I live about 30 miles north, in Rockland County, but work in the city

I brought the aluminum, manual Abarth, Luxury edition pictured below, home last night.

I'm 52, thought I was ready for a sedan (Caddy CTS) but was eyballing the Spider since they came out. Test drove both and knew. The CTS is just a car, the Abarth is just fun!

I'm no enthusiast and plan on driving it everyday once my boys return from college (but with today's rain its safely tucked inside). Then again come next winter it may just be inside while I commute in a CTS ;)

Learned a lot here already (no front plate installed) and look forward to being part of the Spider community.

Enjoy the ride, I will.
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mark enjoy. I almost bought that one, but couldn't work out a deal I liked. Ended up finding the exact same one at Larchmont Fiat with a deal I liked. Picked mine up on the 13th. It will be my daily driver too once all the snow, rain, and roads clear up. Check your tire pressure as a fair amount do not get set to normal PSI from shipping PSI.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark enjoy. I almost bought that one, but couldn't work out a deal I liked. Ended up finding the exact same one at Larchmont Fiat with a deal I liked. Picked mine up on the 13th. It will be my daily driver too once all the snow, rain, and roads clear up. Check your tire pressure as a fair amount do not get set to normal PSI from shipping PSI.

Hey thats funny and thanks for the tip. Yeah, I'm not much of a haggler. Drove it, liked it, bought it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Enjoy the cars guys... Even with snow gone be aware of all the pot holes in the region. Last year bent 3 rims on the VW. They were the rims I had my snow tires on so I just tossed them, but still an obsticial course out there looking bite our little cars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm 59. I've always admired Cadillacs (my family drove them when I was a kid), so I'll probably treat myself to one on my 85th birthday or per doctor's orders, whichever comes first. In the meantime...

·
Banned
425 Posts
Good choice. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bought my Lusso from Fiat of Manhattan and the experience was great. My car was shipped from Nevada, Fiat of Manhattan made it a painless experience and I'm as happy as I can be with the car. Can't wait for some steady drop top weather!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good luck to you with it!! It's beautiful! I also spoke to Larchmont as they had a few I liked. I ended up buying from Ramsey and they were awesome to work with. An easy transaction and a great deal.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Mine is my daily driver!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts