Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
You can order one - look on Facebook for “I love Poggiapiedi”
I've ordered a lot of stuff from this particular vendor on FB. And he's great at what he does and provides both a quality product and excellent customer service. BUT, I don't believe he does a version with the greyscale image of the car on the plate. He only manufactures the aluminum routed and painted versions. If you've seen him offer a version that looks like the one the OP is trying to get made, please post a direct link to the product so we can see it. TIA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi guys, I have a lot to do and I am not in the business of printing plaques.

I just wanted to share this info because when my car arrived from the UK and I did not find the plaque, the reversing camera and the cup holders, I was a bit disappointed.

I got the reversing camera installed.

The cup holders, I bought them from guy on Ebay.

My last wish is the plaque.

At the moment, I am still working on the artwork with my son.

Could anyone confirm the exact measurement?

I am estimating that it should be 12cm x 6.5cm.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
<edited>
I just wanted to share this info because when my car arrived from the UK and I did not find the plaque, the reversing camera and the cup holders, I was a bit disappointed.
<edited>
These are important points for a lot of potential new owners to consider. BECAUSE, none of the components Tiksu noted are guaranteed to be part of an OEM build.

Cupholders (from what I can glean from prior posts from UK members of this forum), were never included with any of the cars sold in the UK. So anyone who had them either purchased them from their dealer, or from other sources like eBay. Luckily (sort of, because the OEM cupholders are expensive crap), they were included with the North American cars. The reversing camera, along with nav, and a lot of other options, were dependant upon the options group the car was purchased with. And lastly, the plaque was a limited edition release... hence the serial number. Only the first cars off the line included the plaque (and by first off the line, I mean likely the first few thousand), but after that the plaque wasn't part of the car.

If you're planning on purchasing a Spider (new or used), get the VIN, and then use this link by appending the VIN to the end of the URL. It will then generate a build sheet for that specific vehicle, telling you what is included with it. That way you'll know exactly what you're buying and won't be disillusioned when you drive it home. This is the URL to use to make the build sheet (paste it to a new browser window, and add your VIN after the = sign at the end of it. Hit return and you'll get the full build:
https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

NB This link works for North American cars. I cannot guarantee it will for those in Europe or Australia, however, if you contact your dealership, they should have a similar link availalbe that you can utilize. Any dealership's customer service rep should be able to assist with this.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Doesn't work for Australian cars.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am sorry for the guy who had his A124 crashed. No. 99 RIP
Hi P. You might still be onto something here if your chap on the island can use the one you've bought as the proper template now? I reckon a lot of owners would do the Vin thing if you did? G

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi G.,

If there are persons who wish to acquire one, I would be more than happy to help. I have acquired the plaque thanks to TPS123.

When I will receive the plaque, I will let you know.

The quality will be much better.

This was the progress acheived so far.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'll be intesrested for a Officine plaque like this one for sure. And I don't bother for any VIN or sequential number. Others interested?

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
381 Posts
I ran the link with the VIN for my 2018 Abarth and got a message saying no build sheet was found for the VIN entered. Very interesting as the vehicle with that VIN is parked in my garage right now. CORRECTION - Ran my VIN a second time and it came up and was downloaded. Cool 👍😁

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
You can order one - look on Facebook for “I love Poggiapiedi”
He's also on whatsup but I think weekend is sacred.LOL

21 - 40 of 59 Posts