·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I'd be interested to know too

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay here is what I have been able to pull together so far. There is so much attention on how much they lower the car, but not as much information as to the handling performance. Trying to figure it out. Also trying to keep the Bilstein shocks for now.

MX5 (Non-Club)
F156 R80

F160 R85

Abarth
F162 R97

Roadster Sport (GWR)
F300 R200

Progressive
F185 R115

H&R
F ? R ?

Eibach Pro
F188 R103

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm thinking of going with the Progressive springs; the numbers above do show it as a decent step up, but not too aggressive (e.g. RoadsterSport), while gaining the more proportional look with the wheels - a lot of US cars look like they are on tip toes.

I'll also keep the Blistein shocks. Next step would be the Progressive roll bars (or any of the other ones, but the adjustable ness of the Progressive may be handy).

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm thinking of going with the Progressive springs; the numbers above do show it as a decent step up, but not too aggressive (e.g. RoadsterSport), while gaining the more proportional look with the wheels - a lot of US cars look like they are on tip toes.

I'll also keep the Blistein shocks. Next step would be the Progressive roll bars (or any of the other ones, but the adjustable ness of the Progressive may be handy).
What do you mean by "US cars"? Aren't the springs the same across regions?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
What do you mean by "US cars"? Aren't the springs the same across regions?
Perhaps. For some vehicles. The US has obnoxious bumper and headlight height restrictions which requires manufacturers to sometimes 'lift' cars an inch or so to meet the requirements for this market.

This Spider looks like it's on stilts (ymmv), particularly the classica. I don't know if the spring height is actually different in other markets for this particular car. I'd be interested in the wheel arch height in Abarths in the euro versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts