Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone offer advice on how much the tire size might be increased on the Abarth 17" wheels? I'd like to replace the 205/45R17 Potenzas that came on my Abarth with Pilot Super Sports. I'd like to go up to a 215 and maybe increase the aspect ratio as well. I did this on my Mini JCW with very happy results, but I'm not sure what the Abarth wheel wells and suspension will accommodate. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Borrowed from GWR:
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Parts/Fiat124/Wheels-Tires.html

With stock size 205/45/17 tires you can run offsets as low as 40mm and still fit in factory fenders with 1 degree negative camber or better, we have run 38mm with more camber. An easy upgrade in 17 inch is 215/45/17 and that fits with our wheel choices that are 42mm to 50mm offsets.

MAX TIRE SIZE that will fit in stock fenders without a fender roll is 235/40/17 using our Advanti Racing, Konig HyperGram, and 6UL Racing Wheels in either 17x8 or 17x9, as long as you have about 1.5 degrees of negative camber or more. If the car is lowered and/or raced, this size will typically rub the plastic fender liners inside the wheel well at full steering lock and/or over big bumps/dips in turns depending on amount of lowering and amount of negative camber (same story with taller 225/45/17).

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am running 215/45/17 Pirelli pzero plus on a 17x7 rim with a 37 offset. No fender roll, no spacers. Lots of room left. The PSS is a fairly wide tire for a given size, but I am sure it will be fine especially if you add a bit of negative camber. Don't know if I would go any taller though. the 215/45/17 is a good price point too.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,926 Posts
One of my friends (I keep forgetting his username on here) runs 215/45/17s on his track car. You can make those fit without a problem and they should fit the wheelwell a bit better than the stock 205/45/17 tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to ask - are you sure 215 fits in 17 Abarth/Lusso rims? Because I just called Firestone, and the guy has an Abarth, and claimed he put in 215 and it's rubbing with the plastic well protector when he turns....

·
Administrator
1,926 Posts
I have to ask - are you sure 215 fits in 17 Abarth/Lusso rims? Because I just called Firestone, and the guy has an Abarth, and claimed he put in 215 and it's rubbing with the plastic well protector when he turns....
In my case, I'm not on stock Abarth wheels. I'm running Advanti Racing 17x7 ET35 wheels. I couldn't get over how needlessly heavy the Abarth wheels were.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,320 Posts
I am running PSS 235/45/17 on 17x8 45mm offset Konig Dekagram with no rubbing at stock height. The Pilot Super Sports are now out of production and getting harder to find. The new Pilot Sport 4S is the direct replacement with identical specs.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yesss

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am running 215/45/17 Pirelli pzero plus on a 17x7 rim with a 37 offset. No fender roll, no spacers. Lots of room left. The PSS is a fairly wide tire for a given size, but I am sure it will be fine especially if you add a bit of negative camber. Don't know if I would go any taller though. the 215/45/17 is a good price point too.
How do you like the P-Zeros?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts