Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched to my winter rims and some fresh Blizzaks and have the yellow TPMS light. The manual says the reset procedure requires using a button the Abarths don't have. I've seen these use a different type of sensor than the classica and lusso, do I just need to drive the car a few more times, or is there a reset procedure?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just switched to my winter rims and some fresh Blizzaks and have the yellow TPMS light. The manual says the reset procedure requires using a button the Abarths don't have. I've seen these use a different type of sensor than the classica and lusso, do I just need to drive the car a few more times, or is there a reset procedure?
There is a TPMS registration procedure for the abarth in the online owners manual, pg121. Other posters have linked to this site, and will probably direct you. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a TPMS registration procedure for the abarth in the online owners manual, pg121. Other posters have linked to this site, and will probably direct you. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.
Nice, found it! I had looked at the manual, but managed to miss that part. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just switched to my winter rims and some fresh Blizzaks and have the yellow TPMS light.
Did you just change over the tyres, or the rims also? Were you able to change over the sensors to the winter rims, or is there an OEM or aftermarket option available?

Not ever having needed to fit winter tyres/rims I'm curious as to how this works.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you just change over the tyres, or the rims also? Were you able to change over the sensors to the winter rims, or is there an OEM or aftermarket option available?

Not ever having needed to fit winter tyres/rims I'm curious as to how this works.
Rule #1: Make sure everything fits according to factory recommended dimensions. You're on your own beyond that.

Rule # 2: Read the owners manual. The biggest issue in my mind is the TPMS. I have not seen any web site recommend a replacement sensor. Swap factory sensors to new wheels or post your successful replacement.

Rule #3: Take to a qualified tire center. They might know more than you or me, and hopefully, not break anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts