Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A poorly placed mail collection box and a driver too lazy to get out of the car to post a letter combined to lay down some curb rash on the left front wheel. Does anyone know if the Abarth wheel touchup paint is yet available?

·
Registered
476 Posts
i don't think they don't have regular touch up paint for the body colors let alone for wheels.

·
Registered
476 Posts
In another thread someone pointed us to the Mopar touchup paint sold on Amazon.

This is what I purchased for my Rosso Abarth:

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Fluid-5163760AA-Rosso-Touch-Up/dp/B005T4N806/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491953315&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mopar+rosso+touch+up+paint

have you used it yet? i would be very wary of that paint until you verify the color. The paint code on your car is likely PMK the paint you linked to is for paint code KRI. while the names are the same it does not mean it is the same. I would find an out of the way spot that can still be in full sun to put a dot and then compare. putting it on something else and then putting beside the paint isn't a real good indication of how the color will turn out on the car and might give you a false sense of the color. would hate to have you touch something up and then find out the color is off and your eye will always be drawn to the little dot, at least i would.

·
Registered
298 Posts
have you used it yet? i would be very wary of that paint until you verify the color. The paint code on your car is likely PMK the paint you linked to is for paint code KRI. while the names are the same it does not mean it is the same. I would find an out of the way spot that can still be in full sun to put a dot and then compare. putting it on something else and then putting beside the paint isn't a real good indication of how the color will turn out on the car and might give you a false sense of the color. would hate to have you touch something up and then find out the color is off and your eye will always be drawn to the little dot, at least i would.
Thanks for the heads-up. It's an insurance policy at this point and not something I immediately need.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A poorly placed mail collection box and a driver too lazy to get out of the car to post a letter combined to lay down some curb rash on the left front wheel. Does anyone know if the Abarth wheel touchup paint is yet available?
Did you ever find the paint code for the Abarth wheels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts