Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4+ months waiting and finally, the Abarth with the hand painted heritage stripe is here. Will post better pictures when I get time (and ones that are actually of me and not my friends who went with me!). But have a quick question, I was surprised that the side mirrors were a glossy gunmetal gray, for some reason I thought they were going to be black. It really bothers me in contrast to the matte stripe (and to answer a previous question the stripe appears to be black to me, although being matte it can have a slight dark gray tint but I would call it black). So I am definitely going to either switch out the mirrors or have them wrapped in red. Does anyone have a color code they used for the red wrap? I have the red lip piece already that I ordered from the UK from a previous thread, so I would like to match it but thought I would check here first. Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
4+ months waiting and finally, the Abarth with the hand painted heritage stripe is here. Will post better pictures when I get time (and ones that are actually of me and not my friends who went with me!). But have a quick question, I was surprised that the side mirrors were a glossy gunmetal gray, for some reason I thought they were going to be black. It really bothers me in contrast to the matte stripe (and to answer a previous question the stripe appears to be black to me, although being matte it can have a slight dark gray tint but I would call it black). So I am definitely going to either switch out the mirrors or have them wrapped in red. Does anyone have a color code they used for the red wrap? I have the red lip piece already that I ordered from the UK from a previous thread, so I would like to match it but thought I would check here first. Thanks so much.
LOOKS GREAT! Love that combo!

I ordered the red caps from the same ebay distributor in the UK as the lip

Enjoy! I have a month to go until mine shows up. :(

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Oh my goodness that is lovely.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOOKS GREAT! Love that combo!

I ordered the red caps from the same ebay distributor in the UK as the lip

Enjoy! I have a month to go until mine shows up. :(
Will be a long month for you!! I didn't think of ordering those when I ordered the valance. I thought I was going to leave them black because of the red seats. But the gray just doesn't work for me. I have a call into someone to wrap them for me, but was concerned on the color.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is the windshield frame the same color as the side mirrors? Or is it black like your stripe?

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Mopar mirror caps are available via your Fiat dealer for $197/pair and are offered in red, black, and silver. Mine took only a week to arrive.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the windshield frame the same color as the side mirrors? Or is it black like your stripe?
It's the same color as the mirrors, as it was explained to me at the dealership (so I don't put a lot of weight on that) the Abarth styling is the wheels, windshield frame and mirrors are all gunmetal gray. The windshield frame didn't bother me as much as the mirrors. They just look off being so shiny and gray with the very dull matte paint. Personal preference I'm sure.

·
775 Posts
Beautiful! One of the best color combos for the Spider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts