Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally manged to put the scorpion badge on the front grill. Well VOILA
Gives a classic Ferrari, Maserati look.:eek:>:)
It was not easy, but managed.

on my cell pics are straight up, on this board well you see. SABOTAGE:(:eek::nerd:>:)>:)>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks great! I've ordered the red scorpion tow hook cover to match the red painted pieces, but this looks really good too!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Man... after seeing this, I am absolutely convinced this is how it should be done from the factory.

I always thought the massive plaque of plastic looked out of place. Now, I know it does.

Luckily, removal should be a snap -- any body shop worth their salt should be able to remove the OEM emblem and fill in the void with a flexible resin/epoxy, then sand it flush and repaint.

It would be a $300 job that would REALLY class up the front end.

·
Registered
575 Posts
From a distance you would be hard pressed to tell what it is and a prancing horse does come to mind but that looks all sorts of cool. Great job!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just in-case you all wanted a visual of the emblem removed.
Nice -- I think, the removed emblem would look great centered on the grill.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where did you get said badge, and is it removable?
The badge I got it on Aliexpress but Ebay also sells it for 3.00 from China. Be patient it takes time.Yes the badge is removable just losen the nut in the back of the grill. here are some pictures of the back of the badge.

The bolt is around 1" long excluding the head, since the badge is hollow inside the head sits well, then I used Lepage PL glue( very strong used in construction), 24hr cure. Once solid I put the 2 side adhesive. Once I centered the middle of the grill, you insert the washers then the nut, and insert into the grill, and you tighten the nut behind.
The self adhesive on the badge holds on the grill(not very solid) but helps you position the badge. I think I have explained the best I can, but the pictures should give you a better idea. I was complimented by the dealer.

Removing the badge on the hood, well it become a personal taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
How did you remove the emblem? I found it a bit tricky, then found that there's only one bolt holding it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts