Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A basic question, I'm sure but does it make any difference which cap and the coolant reservoir is used to top off coolant. Seems I saw a thread on this a while back and can't find it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
733 Posts
A basic question, I'm sure but does it make any difference which cap and the coolant reservoir is used to top off coolant. Seems I saw a thread on this a while back and can't find it. Thanks in advance
I know the thread you're referring to. Add coolant by removing the black plastic cap that has the overflow hose attached, at the front of the overflow tank. Apparently, the metal cap towards the rear of the tank is VERY difficult to remove.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The metal cap at the rear of the tank is intended as a pressure release only and is not intended to come off. The fill cap is the black one with the hose. I just now realized what people were talking about in whatever thread it was when they talked about how hard the cap is to get off...

The proper procedure is to turn the metal cap to relieve any residual pressure THEN open the black cap.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the thread you're referring to. Add coolant by removing the black plastic cap that has the overflow hose attached, at the front of the overflow tank. Apparently, the metal cap towards the rear of the tank is VERY difficult to remove.
Unless I missed it,once again the owners manual is lacking on guidance. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts