Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
But is there no risk of contaminating the oil if you use constantly or every 4,000? maybe better before the oil change?
No. The ratio used is so small that it has no effect on the oil. I mean, we're talking 8oz of additive per 12 gallons of fuel.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Xtreme, Pep Boys doesn’t sell it.
You got a link?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,505 Posts
You got a link?
You can buy it directly from him. He has an Amsoil storefront in his profile. I bought my trans and rear end oils from him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I buy top-tier premium gas from any of the majors (or Costco) and avoid no-name bargain brand gasoline. No additives needed.

Before they built a brand-name gas station convenient to my daily commute, I used to buy bargain brand gas. I had to to run a can of Techron every now and then because my truck would develop a knock after a few months of no-name gas.

Disclosure: I work for a major oil company. There is not a station with my employer's brand convenient to my commute, so I buy from our competitors.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Costco sells gas o_O?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Costco sells gas o_O?
What’s wrong with you? Of course Costco sells gas! They sell under the cost to get you to go in and spend money. Cheapest gas, typically in any state. Oops PR isn’t a state...yet

Hawaii’s Costco sell Alcohol too. Now that’s convenient!

Aloha mike

FYI...believe it or not...at least once a year I talk to someone that doesn’t know Hawaii is a state.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lol what?! Are there Costco Gas pumps at US?! That’s hilarious. Can’t really picture a gas pump in the middle of a mall where one of our Costco is...

Welp, good to know. I’m sure they recoup whatever “incentive” they provide with their membership fees, if they were required.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sam's club sells gas as well. Harris Teeter supermarket just opened a new one here selling gas and diesel

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
I buy top-tier premium gas from any of the majors (or Costco) and avoid no-name bargain brand gasoline. No additives needed.
Just because they add some additives to the fuel, doesn't mean there is no benefit to using more. The "Before" video I posted was after having used only top tier fuel in that car.

You got a link?
I posted a link to AMSOIL PI in my first post in this thread.

Any PEA-based top end cleaner will work OK. Some will be a bit more effective than others but all of them will help.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Missed your first thread but read your last one. My local Auto zone had Gum-out Regane, so I now have a bottle good for two tanks

·
Administrator
1,954 Posts
Missed your first thread but read your last one. My local Auto zone had Gum-out Regane, so I now have a bottle good for two tanks
Keep in mind I was recommending two tanks on one bottle of AMSOIL PI. AMSOIL's product is 16oz. Gumout Regane is 6 oz. I would use one bottle of Gumout Regane for a full tank.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
A while back, when we had 3 or 4 refineries here in Montreal, each brand gas station would have their gas delivered with by trucks of the same brand.

Now we have only ONE refinery and all deliveries are made with NON-Brand trucks. So figure out which is which. What I heard, here, Suncore-Pedro Canada makes gas for other
brands. So I wonder the difference in each brand.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
You better move down here with us Frank, and leave that mess to Tom/Treetoflyer:D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Gasoline trucks may be unbranded for different reasons. I’ve never been in a refinery, but from a manufacturing perspective, it’s not that difficult to make small batches of a different ‘chemistry’, or blend.

Remember, the 124 and the MX5 are made on the same production line and they seem to come out different :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're thinking of an additive that is a solvent, remember that gasoline is a solvent. No need for anything else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just retired from a refinery and all refineries make the same spec. gas. Once it goes into a truck or pipeline, it usually goes to storage somewhere and can end up at any gas station, so when a truck arrives to deliver to a station, when the gas is loaded, that customers additives are added at the time. IE: Chevron's additive menu is different than Shells. Refineries don't add the additives, at least the ones I worked at..

Gasoline trucks may be unbranded for different reasons. I’ve never been in a refinery, but from a manufacturing perspective, it’s not that difficult to make small batches of a different ‘chemistry’, or blend.

Remember, the 124 and the MX5 are made on the same production line and they seem to come out different :)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts