Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My red lip spoiler should be coming from the UK here in the next 1-2 weeks. For those of you that have added it - what adhesive did you or your professional use? Would like to get what I need now and have it ready.

Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The 3M tape mentioned above should be safe up to the Vmax of this car. Apply it to each flat edge which mates flush to the decklid.

Due to the shape of the car, the decklid/spoiler won't undergo a lot of stress.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will be adding the oem front lip spoiler tomorrow weather permitting. I usually use 3m VHB auto tape for moldings.
Link: http://a.co/h0DLN6p
I fully endorse using VHB foam core tape. The stuff is simply incredible given a 24-hour cure time.
Years ago we used it to hold some bits of this thing together:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It's not going anywhere!

1" is perfect for wide (top) side but needed trimmed for the narrower front edge.
So mine has been on for a few days now. I'm really impressed so far by that adhesive. Hopefully it will continue to hold up through car washes and other elements.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Okay you've caught my attention... what is that "thing" exactly....?
Prototype solar powered race car from 2005 called Borealis III. I built the solar array on it & held it to the car with the vhb foam core when the tape was in development.

Price tag doesn't include 40,000 person-hours of student design and fabrication.

More info: American Solar Challenge & World Solar Challenge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts