Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually, all headlight has 2 knobs. One is to move the headlight left or right and the other is for up or down. Does anyone know where and which one is for the up and down? Lowered the spider and now I would like to raise the lights for safety reason.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is a thread on here how to fix that. I did it and it works.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think this is it Dennis, http://www.124spider.org/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/3913-led-vs-halogen-headlight-performance-5.html with the info that jpwfz6 posted and pics, but when I contacted Good-Win about the adjusting thingy they have, they said it won't work on the 124 :( Haven't been able to find one yet so thinking about doing what you did.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Some one posted pictures of the leveling arm on the driver side rear end. There is a adjustment arm you can buy but they are 70 bucks. I did what he did and drilled a new hole on the bottom part of the axel piece. Let me take a pic

·
Registered
73 Posts
Some one posted pictures of the leveling arm on the driver side rear end. There is a adjustment arm you can buy but they are 70 bucks. I did what he did and drilled a new hole on the bottom part of the axel piece. Let me take a pic
Who carries the adjustment arm you found for $70? The drilling thing is becoming more and more viable ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Who carries the adjustment arm you found for $70? The drilling thing is becoming more and more viable ;)
Go back and look at that Miata site I said wasn't it. The two companies are on there with some pictures

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Still no clear answer, thanks for those that tried. Wonder if anyone have their whole headlamp out, could get a few shot and figure it out.

If the 124 height module is like the ND MX5, that's a pita. What happened to the adjustable knob built into headlights? Guess I need to find the time and see if I can tackle the headlight problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Still no clear answer, thanks for those that tried. Wonder if anyone have their whole headlamp out, could get a few shot and figure it out.

If the 124 height module is like the ND MX5, that's a pita. What happened to the adjustable knob built into headlights? Guess I need to find the time and see if I can tackle the headlight problem.
I posted the instructions and photos on the other thread about how to adjust the height of the headlight beam on the 124. And yes, as far as I can tell it is the same as the setup for the mx-5. That is it uses an arm connected to the left rear suspension to determine the height that the headlights should be at.

But, and this is a BIG BUT,....it only applies to the 124 if it has the luxury package (at least that is what its called in Canada - includes Bose, adjusting led headlights, blind spot warning, leather seats, etc). In that package you get the self adjusting headlights which is what those instructions pertain to. If you do not have the self adjusting headlights, then those instructions are moot and I would suggest looking under the hood around the headlight assembly for the good old fashioned style adjusters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts