Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, my second post on this site.

I am looking at buying a Fiat 124, have been looking at the stock at Mangoletsi (Holdings) Ltd

They want £149 pounds, to view a car is this right ???

As anyone had any dealings with this company in buying a car through them.?

Kind regards David

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would walk away. $150 in any denomination is highway robbery to just look at a vehicle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am looking at buying a Fiat 124, have been looking at the stock at Mangoletsi (Holdings) Ltd

Kind regards David
[/QUOTE]
Hi David - welcome, you have found the right place for info on the 124.
I visited Mangoletsi 2 years ago and they were "very hard sell". I was looking a Giulietta for my wife - before we had even got into the showroom, a demonstrator was ready for a test drive. I said we were not ready to buy even if a Giulietta was the right car. They insisted on a test drive, in poor conditions. Back in the showroom, if not a Giulietta he could do a special deal on anything! Took over 40 mins to get out of the place. Then every week for 6 months, emails and phone calls from them with a 'great car for you has just arrived'. Overall, some good prices on cars 'they are shifting' for the company etc but not the sort of people my wife would buy from at any price.

Charging for a test drive ? I bet another salesman, sorry retail executive, will let you drive anything if he thinks it will result in a sale. Try ringing them again, see if you get the same response
Danny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Kind regards David
I visited Mangoletsi 2 years ago and they were "very hard sell". I was looking a Giulietta for my wife - before we had even got into the showroom, a demonstrator was ready for a test drive. I said we were not ready to buy even if a Giulietta was the right car. They insisted on a test drive, in poor conditions. Back in the showroom, if not a Giulietta he could do a special deal on anything! Took over 40 mins to get out of the place. Then every week for 6 months, emails and phone calls from them with a 'great car for you has just arrived'. Overall, some good prices on cars 'they are shifting' for the company etc but not the sort of people my wife would buy from at any price.

Charging for a test drive ? I bet another salesman, sorry retail executive, will let you drive anything if he thinks it will result in a sale. Try ringing them again, see if you get the same response
Danny
[/QUOTE]
Hi Danny, many thanks for the kind words.

If you look on there website, it say £149 charge, and some of the cars are not with them, so charge£149 .

I won't be going there or calling them just in principle I'm too old and very wise to be ripped off.
David

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Fuck that shit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuck that shit.
The details in this email are from there website.

AMAZING FINANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE* + TOP PART EXCHANGE PRICES* BUY WITH CONFIDENCE *FINANCE SUBJECT TO STATUS - 12 MONTHS WARRANTY INCLUDED ON ALL OUR USED CARS - MANY OF OUR USED VEHICLES ARE AVAILABLE TO SEE AT OUR MAIN SITE BUT A FEW ARE KEPT FIFTEEN MINUTES AWAY. ALL VEHICLES ARE SUBJECT TO AN ADDITIONAL GBP149 CHARGE. FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH VEHICLE OR VEHICLES YOU WISH TO SEE AND WE WILL ENSURE IT IS HERE WHEN YOU ARRIVE - MULTI USER VEHICLEN

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd never heard of this "test drive reservation" charge until we bought my wife's VW Eos this time last year, . It was explained as a refundable deposit to ensure the car was there since this was from a large car warehouse type place and it's just to make sure the car is available when you turn up and won't be sold until you turn up. Seems a bit of a scam to me but at the time we'd just had to distress sell my wife's previous car after the cam belt jumped a few teeth, and this particular Eos was rather special in terms of colour/spec and we just wanted it, no other similar ones for sale at the time.

But with the 124 Spider, there are still a lot of cars for sale and if you've not too fussy about colour (especially white) then there are plenty of other sellers to go to. Mangoletsi have been around a long time, but that doesn't mean they're especially good, I've no experience of them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello again, yes lots of white cars for sale, had a test drive in a Lusso, before Christmas.

Did send a email to this dealer
http://www.woodmanmotorcompany.co.uk/
The car is Red Lusso, 4700 miles , on a 18plate.

With a cash offer, that was Thursday last week, no response back.

I spoke to a fiat garage near me , about this car, price wise.

Asking them if they have an idea, what they may have brought it for, the lady on sales said, trade to buy price is £11600

Kind regards David

·
Registered
41 Posts

Kind regards David

Danny
[/QUOTE]
Tell them to go....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good evening, my second post on this site.

Kind regards David
Tell them to screw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts