Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I bought from Goodwin-racing the Konig Hypergram Carbon w/ Machined Lip Wheels. I love them. Recently I got some curb rash on the machined lip part of the wheel. I've heard that you can get different levels of sandpaper and polish it out. What grits of sandpaper should I buy? Do I need to buy polish to apply after and if so what one/brand? Any advice or steps I should do would be much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
481 Posts
Post a picture of the rashed wheel. It's hard to answer your question without seeing the damage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the video. I'm on the road and so I don't have a polisher which is why I was hoping to do it via the sand paper route. Just wanted to see if anybody had done that before and had any advice. Or do I need to apply clear coat to the machine lipped part? I don't know if that rim has clear coat on the machined lip part

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can do it by hand but it will be painfully slow. You need a coarse grit to remove the scratches then move up in grit to get a smooth mirror shine. Go to Harbor freight and get a cheap sander. Your hands will thank me for that. No clear coat, just mag wheel polish. Here is a video I made some years back to walk you through the basics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do it by hand but it will be painfully slow. You need a coarse grit to remove the scratches then move up in grit to get a smooth mirror shine. Go to Harbor freight and get a cheap sander. Your hands will thank me for that. No clear coat, just mag wheel polish. Here is a video I made some years back to walk you through the basics.
Thanks so much. I'll take a look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts