Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day, I wanted to install my new AFE air filter, and seems I forced something and the female hook that keeps the lid of the airbox broke off. Now the airfilter top is held by 3 hooks. So what are my options to compress where the plastic piece broke. see pic circled in yellow.

I could put a screew, but looking for alternative. tia

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Frank. Your idea sounds good short of ordering a new box.

....or, send out a fleece and see if a forum member would sell their air box, following their new intake conversion.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Time for an EC intake.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Here's the part number. Couldn't find it on any of the Moper parts sites, but your dealer should be able to get it. No idea what the cost might be, but a V4 may well be cheaper...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Time for an EC intake.
LOL V4 too expensive, I have the V1, I think the screw does a good job. >:) unless you guys want to chip in into a V4 donation. LOL

I noticed the you have the TPT turbo blanket, I did get one and installed a couple days ago along with the AFE air filter and forced the top air filter box and it cracked. Next time do things in the daylight:D

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
LOL V4 too expensive, I have the V1, I think the screw does a good job. >:) unless you guys want to chip in into a V4 donation. LOL

I noticed the you have the TPT turbo blanket, I did get one and installed a couple days ago along with the AFE air filter and forced the top air filter box and it cracked. Next time do things in the daylight:D
Why not get the airbox replaced under warranty?

I do love that PTP turbo blanket.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not get the airbox replaced under warranty?

I do love that PTP turbo blanket.
I will pass by the dealer and tell them I was checking the airfilter and the piece fell off.

You think they'll believe me. But I'll try>:)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
HI Frankmar,
Did your NA Abarth come with that Scorpion badged engine cover or is it aftermarket?
It's a picture I took from the web, cause I needed to show what was broken. But there's a place in the UK they sell that engine cover for I think $11x. US I think a member or 2 got it.

I did a little goof on my cover, erased the Fiat and stuck an Abarth badge on it. This winter I'll put some body putty and around the badge so it looks good and spray in Red or Black not sure yet.

This is my cover

Attachments

Reactions: Jaybo

·
Registered
480 Posts
you could always check to see if anyone who upgraded their intake might be will in to part with their factory intake for a reasonable price..... does anyone who upgraded their intake want to sell or donate their old airbox to frank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts