Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the new Sila Concepts red silicone intake and BMC Filter kit... with a couple of lessons learned.

You will probably have to trim the PCV - valve connection point on the intake tube... if you don?t the PCV plastic tube will not be able to be reattached with the single mounting screw.

I ended up trimming the Sila - connection tube area, for the PCV - valve by about a 1/2 inch. Once trimmed the PCV - plastic tube was able to be secured back in place on the bracket with the single mounting screw.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional pics, showing what has to be trimmed in order to allow the PCV - valve to be able to be secured to the mounting bracket.

I also ended up removing / trimming off about a 1/4 inch of the Sila intake on the Air Filter side of the tube, allowed the overall Sila intake tube to not have to be bent when connecting and installing the OEM Air Filter box lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
No cutting for me...

Its a shame you have to modify something out of the box. Makes one wonder about Sila...
I installed a Sila intake with no cutting or modifying at all. I also use spring loaded large band hose clips because cheap worm clamps will eventually cut the Silicone as time goes on with all that heat under the hood. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rando,

Thanks for sharing... it looks like you have a good set-up there. Yes I had to trim the intake... the only way I could get everything to line up correctly.

I like the larger band clamps... where did you get them? Any chance you have the dimensions or part numbers you went with?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
68Wooley,

I hear you... I wasn?t aware of the ECV - V1 solution, I should have done a little more homework on options. If this doesn?t last I?ll end up looking into the ECV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry mixed that up on the reply... not for ?Rando?, I meant to send to ?Not Sure? regarding the clamps and Sila set up you have.

Same question on the clamps?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow thank you so much for the suggestion. I put my sila intake on a few days ago and was driving me crazy cause that piece wouldn't fit back where it was supposed to go. Just finished up alterations and it fits fine now. Very Helpful. T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts