Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Code:
Would you please post a photo of the Abarth version with the light(s) on?
I've got one on the way - will post when I get it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I might have my 'Abarth' one installed, tonight.

The cable is stupid-short, and was having a hard time getting it plugged back into the panel.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here is the Abarth logo, lit up:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
is there an attachment here or am I just not seeing it?
The image is inline. I deleted the attachment as it was unnecessary. Are you not seeing the inline image?

Maybe deleting the image caused it to go away...I'll attach it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
The image is inline. I deleted the attachment as it was unnecessary. Are you not seeing the inline image?

Maybe deleting the image caused it to go away...I'll attach it again.
Yes said invalid attachment but it is there now and looks great. I bought 124 spider but I'm now debating adding abarth. My license plate is a8arth.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the trim removal tool or how to get the console panel out. I'm a bit confused and don't want to screw up. Just ordered my panel today. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the trim removal tool or how to get the console panel out. I'm a bit confused and don't want to screw up. Just ordered my panel today. Thanks in advance.
if you are referring to the trim around the passenger seatbelt light...it pulls out easily. u just need to grab it with your thumb and finger at the pointed section. press and push and you can get your flat tool (even a small piece of wood) pull up (towards the roof) and back toward the rear...pop! then do the other side.

sometimes you don't even need a tool to get it to pop out.

aloha

Reactions: billbonn80

·
Registered
435 Posts
Appreciate this is an older thread, but rather than start a new one I'll add the following.

A big thank you to @ssh16 for taking my request and coming up with an additional design for the 124 airbag overlay. Received mine about a week ago and it looks great. Takes about 5-10 minutes to fit. Instructions included on the MX5parts website and as mentioned in prior posts on this thread.

TheSalamander

Attachments

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I still appreciate Sergey making these for us but wanted to add this gauge:

P3 V3 OBD2 - Fiat 124 Spider (2016-2019)

…and the vent mount didn’t suit me as well as locating it in place of this panel:

I have to take my eyes farther away from straight-ahead to read it, but don’t have to move my hand, nor my head much.

P3 is great to work with—excellent product, documentation, and support. If you’re going to do this order not just their P3 V3 OBD2 - DIY Gauge (2008+) but also ask nicely and buy a spare Lexan panel—just the Lexan, without the aluminum backing plate. I wasn’t able to cut the original panel with the adhered aluminum backing down to the necessary shape. I ended up removing the electronics from that mounting plate and just setting it in behind the replacement Lexan panel cut just a bit taller than the stock airbag film:

As I had to cut away some material to be able to see the entire display...

...I did this with a spare from:

Used Fiat 124 Parts | 2017-2019 | Redline Auto Parts

…who support us particularly well with their compatibility guide. Ordering was easy, delivery prompt and perfectly packaged. So I can swap the original back in and move this gauge on to another car someday.

The photos show more of the unlit LED segments and glare than is apparent to my (old) eyes:

I used a piece of foam to fill the space and hold everything in place:

I sanded away a bit here to give space for the ribbon cable:

One more, during a test-fitting, without the lexan:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts