Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha 124spider.org forum members...and lurkers.

Living in Hawaii (Oahu) and registered a few days ago..been lurking for a few weeks and reading what I could about the highs and lows of the new spider. Lots of good information by several members posted. Greg, LongBeachJim, CA_Kid mahalo for your input to the forum. Several others too which I have forgotten your names (please forgive me) but have also add to the substance of the board.

A few observations about the site. The one that strikes me as outstanding is that its not a "keyboard warrior" attitude. Thats a relief. No mudslinging. Good job members. Ok so who is this guy that posting...

I decided to post when I actually owned a 124 Spider. I do...but not without its is own story.... honestly, although I have paid for the car, she is not within my possession and will not be till the end of June 2017. So mentally I feel I'm not a true owner. :eek:

That being said....the power that be...you the reader...has one question....

"WHAT DID YOU GET?"

2017 FIAT 124 SPIDER (yeah yeah we know you got that....what model?!?!?)

ABARTH

With the following build sheet....
STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Monotone Paint (BIANCO GELATO)
150 Amp Alternator
Electronic Stability Control
Front Seats Headrests - US-spec
Seatbelt Pretensioner
Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch
Front Airbags - Dual Stage
Front Passenger Airbag - Dual Stage
Seatbelt Load Limit Sensor
Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags
Trunk Dress-Up
Front Floor Mats
Rear Console Lockable Storage
Sport Leather Shift Knob-Manual
Engine Cover - Sport
2 Front Cupholders - Moveable
Limited Slip Differential & Rr Axle
Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
Power Mirrors
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Keyless Entry w/Immobilizer
Pushbutton Start
Air Conditioning w/Auto Temp Control

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Soft Touch Upper Instrument Panel
Instrument Cluster - Sport
160 MPH Primary Speedometer
Wrapped Lower Instrument Panel
Wrapped Instrument Cluster Hood
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
Heated Front Seats
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
Manual Seats - Drvr 6-Way/Pass 4-Way
DRL Off Switch
Tire Pressure Warning Lamp
Illuminated Entry
Front Passengers Seat Belt Alert
LED Taillamps
Vehicle Information Center
Front Courtesy/Map Lamps
Trunk Lamp
Headlamp Off Time Delay
Side Repeater Lamps
Automatic Headlamps
Front Fog Lamps
Enhanced Accident Response System
Sport Body Color Fascias
Abarth Exterior Badging
A-Plr/Header Trim - Gun Metallic
Rollbar Cover - Gun Metallic
Body Color Door Handles
Convertible Roof W/Acoust. Headliner
Exhaust Tips - Quad Bright
11.9 Gal (45L) Fuel Tank
Speed Control
164HP Power Rating
Bianco Gelato White
AM/FM Bluetooth Radio w/7" Display
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls
Electric Power Steering
Sport Steering Wheel
Performance Suspension
Sport Mode Selector
Tilt Steering Column
Delete Spare Tire
205/45VR17 3S RE050A Perf Tires
17X7.0 Gun Metallic Alum Wheels
ParkView Rear Back-up Camera
Bright Pedals
Occupant Detection System
Tire Service Kit
Side Sills/Skirts - Black
Strut Tower Brace - Front
English/USA Language
Abarth Track Experience
Matte Gray Interior Accents
Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications
GVW Rating - 2941#
U.S. Dealer Retail
Zone 71-Los Angeles
2017 Vehicle Specifications
Vehicle Order Tracking
U.S. Specifications Label
California Ship to State Code
California Sold to State Code

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Leather/Alcantara Recaro Seat Nero (Black)
Luxury Collection with Sirius
Brembo 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes
6-Spd Manual RWD Transmission
1.4L I4 MultiAir Turbo Engine
Rear View Auto Dim Interior Mirror
Auto Dim Exterior Mirrors
Headlamp Washer
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
GPS Navigation
Heated Exterior Mirrors
Mirror Cap - Gun Metallic
Adaptive Front Headlamps
LED Headlamps
Daytime Running Lamps - LED
Security Alarm
50 State Emissions
Bianco Gelato White
All Radio Equipped Vehicles
9 Bose Speakers incl. Subwoofer
Pandora, Aha, and Stitcher Apps
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Bridgestone Brand Tires
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Universal Garage Door Opener
Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
1-Yr. SiriusXM Radio Service
For More Info, Call 800-643-2112
0.5 Additional Gallon of Gas
Customer Preferred Package 2DC
Customer Preferred Package 21C
Sales Tracking
Special Scheduling Condition VII
Reassignment Port Waiver
United States Region Group
NAFTA Region

Here's the kicker....as you probably asked yourself early...he paid for it but doesn't possess it? WTH?

She's in San Diego... Hawaii although a beautiful place to live can be extremely frustrating to get what you want. So the ONE dealer in the state had two spiders on their lot...one being a sold Lusso and the other a Classica..with NO IDEA when more would be delivered. Two Abarth's on order, already spoken for... and with options I didn't want (Automatic).

So....back to the mainland to find my SPIDER....and I did...but there are other hoops required to buy, ship etc. But I've been through this a few times before (with classic cars, 67 D100, 71 Plymouth Duster 340, and 66 Plymouth Barracuda 273 ) so I know the game and believe I have the details worked out.

That being said...I've already ordered parts for her...haha..
Stubby antenna
Cobalt hood lifts (I hate the factory rod...just shove a stick in there if you want a prop)
GFB DV+
seat belt extender. (6'2' and 230) (don't judge me! lol)
Abarth fender badges (the cheap one...wanna see what they look like...doubt they will go on the car... taking the bullet to show others on this forum the ebay quality) this will be another thread.
Jack pads/Lift pucks (with notch) for my floor jack.

That's it for now...

aloha and mahalo for this forum...looks like it will be a good site to continue to glean information.

Aloha Dfnsmn34 (Defenceman)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[email protected] Stueber

If all goes well the ship leaves the dock on 6/14 and arrives 6/19...maybe one or two days after I can pick her up. BTW my Birthday is late that month..

HEHE happy birthday to me.....

Aloha!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Interesting. I plan to have mine shipped to Moloka'i in less than two years.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Seems like it will be a perfect island car. Having originated in Japan, your 124 will certainly have its sea legs by the time you get it. My new 2010 Corvette Grand Sport was shipped from North Carolina to Russia (where it was rejected at the Port of Finland by the guy's wife, who didn't like it) and then on to me in California. That car practically sailed around the world. The Russian was desperate to sell so I got a smacking good deal on it.

Congratulations and have fun! Wish I could drive my 124 around Hawaii.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@56s nice will be the only one on island for sure!!

@Stueber $1200 with Pasha Hawaii. First time I've used them. I'll relay any issues good or bad to the forum. So far they've been really responsive. (Once I get ahold of them...lol..long wait times on the phone) Previous shipping of cars was through Matson. Only one issue with them they scratched the bumper on my 66 barracuda...but they made it right $$$.
Aloha!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@longbeachjim. That's a crazy story! Have you been around the world? No but my Vette has.. haha

Aloha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have had mine for almost 5 weeks, love the car. I also have a 1992 Miata that I am the original owner. Love both cars. Love driving both cars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
@longbeachjim. That's a crazy story! Have you been around the world? No but my Vette has.. haha

Aloha
I leave for Italy next week. Crossing my fingers to see a 124 in its natural environment! Also, I'm considering an outfit which rents vintage 1960's Fiat 500's. If only they rented vintage 124's, it would seal the deal.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in town

Well Wendy is on island, vessel landed early this morning. (been tracking the vessel since san diego)

BUT, I haven't heard from the shippers yet. I hope I can pick her up by Friday (so I have the weekend to play) I have a lot of parts already and nothing to put them on...wife just shakes her head.

btw...this is the first time I've actually had a desire to name a car (Wendy). I've owned several vehicles that should have been named, I just never fell the necessity. But for some reason... I've felt compelled to name her... sight unseen. Kinda like a blind date...good God I hope her winning quality isn't she has a great personality.:eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Knowing your Islands, Windy would be a bit more geographically appropriate.:)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@56s you got it! That's the reference I was going for...lol

FYI. Good news I pick her up Friday @ 1030 HST. Yippeee. Oh no! I better get a haircut... gotta make a good first impression.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you have a place to keep Wendy out of the sun? 500 Madness sells a partial cover. SpiderDome. I cover my top even when the car is garaged just to keep it clean. Great investment in protecting your investment. Look them up in the vendor section.

·
Vendor
627 Posts

·
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Always here to help, let us know if we can do anything at all.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have a place to keep Wendy out of the sun? 500 Madness sells a partial cover. SpiderDome. I cover my top even when the car is garaged just to keep it clean. Great investment in protecting your investment. Look them up in the vendor section.
hhahaha...great minds..I actually have been looking for a top cover (saw that one on 500 site) ...found a great one from the UK looks really solid and attaches from the inside. but its $200 (not including shipping)

http://www.prestigeautotrim.com/usa/cabrioshield.html

I've already got a full size cover (the FIAT emblazoned model) but IDK if I wanna put that on every time.

I even contacted Cover craft and asked them...but they came back with a half ass email response so I was dismayed with that attempt.

Then Auto Ricambi contacted me and let me know they have a COVER CRAFT cover on their website. I'm digging their customer service (they responded to an email on the weekend about a shipping cost inquiry) and then they gave me a discount on shipping to Hawaii!!! So i have an exhaust system (delivered yesterday) sitting in the garage, waiting to be installed.

https://autoricambi.us/collections/2017-exterior-trim/products/covercraft-interior-cover

Soooo.. I just ordered their cover, sure its a few dollars more than 500's (probably the same cover) but they have fast shipping, tracking by the Facebook messenger app and their excellent customer service is worth paying more.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great bunch of people at AR

Welcome to the forum! Always here to help, let us know if we can do anything at all.

spending money on your site already!!! Mahalo for the excellent customer service. (Casba contacted me Saturday and even wished me a happy Father's Day) Keep up the good work guys and gals at Auto Ricambi. :D

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mahalo 500

Dfnsmn34, Congragulations on your new 124! 56S is correct, we do carry dome covers (link below)

Enjoy your new ride! let us know if there is anything that we can assist with!

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-car-cover-spiderdome-pid4415
Mahalo guys...appreciate the vendors contacting me. BTW I went back and forth on which site to buy from...500 had a less expensive shipping price and cover. But in the end, AR won me over from previous dealings. Now that doesn't mean I won't buy from 500 in the future.

Aloha!

·
772 Posts
SO happy to be able to help out a fellow enthusiast. Besides, always great to have a friend in Hawaii, one of the most beautiful places on the earth. I am ready to go back.
Aloha!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts