Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody ever experienced buying Raggtopp fabric protectant from Amazon that didn't seem like full containers?

The first time I bought it from Amazon, it was a 14oz can and I was even slow in applying it because I was extra careful as it was my first time applying it. I was actually afraid I would run out before I was done due to how slow I was going. But no... I actually had some left and finished 3 full coatings.

The second time I bought... the can felt like it had no pressure in it, and very little was coming out. I barely finished the 2nd coating.

The third time I bought... it worked fine just like the first time.

The fourth time I bought... it was once again low pressure, this time even less. I didn't even finish the second coating. And no it didn't start "running out" as I applied... it was weak pressure from the very beginning and very little was coming out... until finally nothing was coming out and you can definitely tell it was empty.

Anyone else have this unreliable experience buying this product from Amazon?

ALSO: I know Raggtopp is the "recommended" product by the makers of the 124 ragtop... but is there an alternative that is just as good (or even better)? I'm a bit skeptical with this company now (And yes, I was buying straight from the Raggtopp vendor).

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
This is what I use.

Both the cleaner and the protectant work great. I have been using the formula 303 once per season since I bought the car in 2017. The top still looks new.

·
Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider, Mare Blue / Nero Abarth Leather, Brembo's, Record Monza, Automatic
1,454 Posts
Any ever experienced buying Raggtopp fabric protectant from Amazon that didn't seem like full containers?

The first time I bought it from Amazon, it was a 14oz can and I was even slow in applying it because I was extra careful as it was my first time applying it. I was actually afraid I would run out before I was done due to how slow I was going. But no... I actually had some left and finished 3 full coatings.

The second time I bought... the can felt like it had no pressure in it, and very little was coming out. I barely finished the 2nd coating.

The third time I bought... it worked fine just like the first time.

The fourth time I bought... it was once again low pressure, this time even less. I didn't even finish the second coating. And no it didn't start "running out" as I applied... it was weak pressure from the very beginning and very little was coming out... until finally nothing was coming out and you can definitely tell it was empty.

Anyone else have this unreliable experience buying this product from Amazon?

ALSO: I know Raggtopp is the "recommended" product by the makers of the 124 ragtop... but is there an alternative that is just as good (or even better)? I'm a bit skeptical with this company now (And yes, I was buying straight from the Raggtopp vendor).
I don't know for sure, but it sounds to me like you got some "old product". Have you tried ordering direct from the the RaggTopp manufacturer at " www.wolfsteins.com "? If you like the results of the product, maybe that's your answer. Best, s

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FIAT 124 Spider Lusso
16 Posts
I've tried "The chemical guys" Tag top cleaner and Rag top protectant. The cleaner worked great , but after following the directions precisely , it didn't appear to do anything at all. Currently have been using Mopar Cloth top protectant , and the results have been great , best water / dirt repellency I've experienced.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 6MT Modded To The Moon
386 Posts
I've tried "The chemical guys" Tag top cleaner and Rag top protectant. The cleaner worked great , but after following the directions precisely , it didn't appear to do anything at all. Currently have been using Mopar Cloth top protectant , and the results have been great , best water / dirt repellency I've experienced.
I pretty much had the same experience, i just finished my chem. Guys 2 bottle cleaner and sealer and yeah i guess the cleaner works fine but over all the whole “beads water for weeks after” stuff did not work out for me. I too took my time and applied it nice and easy, i got 3 solid coats out my bottles and each time it was pretty meh, hardly beads water after you treat it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts