Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 3 weeks of spirited driving after waiting for 2 weeks for the dealer to replace my starter (Still waiting on Washer fluid pump) my alternator died.
So off it went back to the dealer, who only has 1 technician (DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO WORK ANYMORE???).
They just called and told me that the starter is on back order so......... and my pump should be in on the 28th............

THIS SUCKS. I have 1 more month (Nov 1st) before it goes into the garage for the winter

come on parts department.......

🥺

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm assuming you're speaking about 'genuine' starters/alternators etc as it's warranty, as OEM aftermarket options are readily available. By that I mean they certainly are here in Australia, where only approx 700 Abarths were imported.

I have been lucky in that I have not had any major electrical items fail, despite having put 40,000 km on in 2 years. However if they had, and knowing what I know (auto electrician 46 years) I would purchase and install the aftermarket units to get me back on the road (as they're a fraction of the genuine price).

By way of explanation, my passenger side window regulator assembly failed. The tensioned draw wire broke. Fiat warranty said 8 weeks and the retail price was about $800. Rather than not drive the car for about 8 weeks with the window stuck down, I brought and fitted the Mazda unit. $84 incl freight. Overnight from Melbourne. No brainer.

Perhaps you have more options than you thought?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update September 28, 2022

The dealer just called my alternator has arrived the package was destroyed they opened up and both connectors to the alternator I’ve been broken off. My dealer has sent pictures and a complaint to the Fiat rep i guess this has happened many times before with who’s ever shipping this, and it seems to be a problem obviously.

So an end I am still waiting for my Fiat to arrive, it could be another three weeks. On the bright side the washer fluid pump but I have been waiting for two months is coming in per the people sending the shippin i’m still waiting for my Fiat to arrive, it could be another three weeks. On the bright side the washer fluid pump but I have been waiting for has been coming in every two days for the last three months so who knows when I’m getting that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts