Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wiping the inside of my hood the other day, and I saw a bunch of holes with scratches.
It looks like some plugs or plastic rivets were missing.

Is this normal.? Was my car ina wreck and the dealer didn't tell me??
Did they use my car for robing Peter to pay Paul repair in their shop.

See attached pics. I used screw drivers to point out the missing parts.

Could you guys tell me what is on your cars?? Is it plastic rivets or metal screws.

All opinions are welcome. Plus if anyone want to shoot a couple of pics of what should be there I would really appreciate that..Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You're missing plastic clips. Looks like that trim piece has been removed for some reason at some point and they were never re-installed. I'd be having words with your dealer...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Actually - looks like I was looking at the wrong thing. Hold on a minute.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Better pictures. The holes should have metallic fasteners with a triangular head. I'm guessing they got drilled out on your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wiping the inside of my hood the other day, and I saw a bunch of holes with scratches.
It looks like some plugs or plastic rivets were missing.

Is this normal.? Was my car ina wreck and the dealer didn't tell me??
Did they use my car for robing Peter to pay Paul repair in their shop.

See attached pics. I used screw drivers to point out the missing parts.

Could you guys tell me what is on your cars?? Is it plastic rivets or metal screws.

All opinions are welcome. Plus if anyone want to shoot a couple of pics of what should be there I would really appreciate that..Thanks.
The leading edge of that panel, closest to the nose should have a total of 6 plastic rivets. Looks like you have none. Somethin's up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...went to

You're missing plastic clips. Looks like that trim piece has been removed for some reason at some point and they were never re-installed. I'd be having words with your dealer...
Nyle Maxwell Fiat in Austin and the chief mechanic looked at it and said they were definitely missing the plastic pop rivets. He told the parts guy to get them and they would install for free when they came in.. couldn't be more satisfied with the great service..:):)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
But, why are they missing?

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
479 Posts
this would be a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment for me, why are these rivets missing? was this car damaged prior to sale? it would appear those rivets were drilled out and not replaced. I am basing this opinion on the fact I was an aviation mechanic for eight years and have a bit of experience performing sheet metal repairs which is a bunch of riveting...

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
455 Posts
How many miles on the car when you bought it? A dealer in my area tried to pass off a car with 250 plus miles as "new". It had a couple of scratches and a small plastic piece inside the car was pushed in too far and looked crooked. It turns out the car was a demo car the previous year at the SF Auto Show. (and you know how people drive demos...) We passed and bought the car elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
As noted, they are metal rivets, not plastic, and would need to be drilled out - that's why it looks all scratched up. Someone drilled them out in a not very gentle way. I believe they may need to be removed to remove the front fender, but am not sure (no, i'm not 'not sure'; hah!)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
looking at the description...looks like the rivets are associated with the headlamps? Or maybe even needed to be remove...to remove the front fascia?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts