Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i research DOT amber reflector instaledl inside US headlight,does this item avaible in mopar parts?it is easy to move and remove the headlight glass?

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
i research DOT amber reflector instaledl inside US headlight,does this item avaible in mopar parts?it is easy to move and remove the headlight glass?
Je ne pense pas que ce soit facile, et vous devrez peut-être remplacer tout le système. Désolé, je dois continuer en anglais ...

I looked at the service manual, and it doesn't show separate components for this. But, we shouldn't read too much into that as the service documenation often glosses over a lot of material. If it is a stand-alone part, then you should be able to source it through MOPAR. But I am suspecting it might require the purchase and installation of the entire headlight assembly. And to access the headlight assembly for anything other than just a bulb change requires removing the front trim of your vehicle to get at it. Here's a "cut and paste" from the service documentation that talks about working with the front lamp units:

08 - Electrical / 8L - Lamps and Lighting / Lamps/Lighting - Exterior / UNIT, Front Lamp / Removal and Installation
FRONT LAMP UNIT
This procedure applies to both the right or the left front lamp unit.

REMOVAL
  1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the front fascia. (Refer to 13 - Frame and Bumpers/Bumpers/FASCIA, Front/Removal and Installation) .

3. Disconnect the electrical connection for the front lamp unit (1).
  4. Remove the mounting (2).
  5. Remove the screws (3a).
  6. Remove the front lamp unit (3b).

7. If necessary, disconnect the electrical connections (1a), disengage the electrical coupling (1b) and remove the light cluster harness (1c).
INSTALLATION
  1. If removed, position the light cluster harness, connect the electrical connections and secure the coupling.
  2. Using screws, install and secure the front lamp unit to the vehicle.
  3. Connect the wiring harness connector to the front lamp unit.
  4. Install the fascia. (Refer to 13 - Frame and Bumpers/Bumpers/FASCIA, Front/Removal and Installation) .
  5. Connect the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you really must have the amber "side marker" it would be easiest to source complete headlight units from the US/Canada (as far as I know, the only markets which have the amber side markers), either new or used, conveniently both the US/Canada and France drive on the same "wrong" side of the road ;) but be prepared to pay "mucho dinero" :eek: (and make sure you get the correct halogen or LED version).

I would expect the units to be sealed, but often the outer lens/cover on sealed units like this can be eased away after heating the unit in an oven or using a hair drier / heat gun. But even if you get the outer lens/cover off, you would still have to remove the "side marker" but then what would you do? There's no point in swapping side markers, just swap the whole unit.

Seems like a waste of time/money to me, but it's your choice!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
thanks for these answers, lot of work and money,clear reflector will stay in place
If I were in your shoes I would have made the same decision. I just wanted to give you solid information so you could make an informed decision.

Maybe if you ever travel to North America, you could quickly visit some auto wreckers and buy a couple to bring back home with you. Swapping them out would still be a bit of work, but if you ever do this, touch base with me and I can send you the service info on how to remove the front trim to get at them.

Salut...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems like someone in the US needs to swap. I don't have the LEDs or I would - but it would be nice to the the EU spec setup without the amber markers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Man, if I didn't need my US spec LED headlights for whenever I go back to the states, I'd say we can just swap as I have them just laying around doing nothing lol.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This just seems odd. i think the clear is better than the amber in the housing. I would much prefer the clear (and probably remove the bulb). I’d add the Miata front amber marker lights.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know they’re required, but at least here in Texas no one is going to be checking that thoroughly to notice (legal-wise). I’d just do it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Resurrecting this thread. Does anyone have any more insight, specifically on sourcing the entire headlamp with the amber reflector.

On my "Wrecked it" thread I've noted that it seems after 2018, FIAT went to clear lenses. Mopar site says the amber headlamps are unavailable. Aftermarket sites say it's discontinued. I'm waiting to hear from FIAT but I'm not hopeful and time is of the essence.

I found a clear one on moparpartsonline.com so I may just switch to clear on both side.Has anyone sourced from here?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[QUOTE = "Stillrollin, message: 521285, membre: 6905"]
correction du site est en fait
[URL déroulée =
je pense que les Réflecteurs Clairs Sont factices il ne renvoient pas très bien la Lumière et ne sont pas DOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts