Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, there is THE OIL thread, with just a scant mentioning of filters. I've always been a user of Purolator spin on filters. Any reason to not use the Puro filter model for the 1.4l over the OEM, or other brand oil filter?

Thanks,
Steve.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yep, there is THE OIL thread, with just a scant mentioning of filters. I've always been a user of Purolator spin on filters. Any reason to not use the Puro filter model for the 1.4l over the OEM, or other brand oil filter?

Thanks,
Steve.
Ummm. Because I don't think they make them...at least I haven't seen them. You?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well I stand Corrected... Thanks for the link

Ummmm.... wouldn't the same filter that fits on the 1.4l for the Fiat 500X, Dodge Dart or Jeep Renegade fit on the 124?

It looks like the L16162 fits fine.

BUT when I type in Fiat 124 Spider, Turbo, in Advance and Amazon Filter finder, it says that this
Filter will not fit the particular car.

Can someone verify that this filter will work in our cars. Thanks.

Thanks.
Cyberbill.

·
Registered
958 Posts
BUT when I type in Fiat 124 Spider, Turbo, in Advance and Amazon Filter finder, it says that this

Thanks.
Cyberbill.
TDPerry just verified it. What more do you want?

·
Registered
150 Posts

Pretty sure that data comes from the "official" Purolator web site. Or at least it looks like it to me.

http://www.pureoil.com/en/do-it-yourself/online-catalog/filter-lookup/

http://www.pureoil.com/en/aboutus1/

And I'll tend to take the official sites info over Amazon. Amazon has to update their databases and they are not the "fastest" in the world on doing it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok. Got it...I'm going with the Purolator filter for my car.

Thanks to all for setting me straight.
No problems...
I honestly was not aware that it was a canister type filter. I really wish K&N would come out with a version that they had a metal housing and the inserts for it. I've used K&N on most of my vehicles for years and have had good luck with them.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I use the Mopar filter for this motor.

Reactions: PureAdrenaline

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used the MOPAR filter also...it was easier to get and was actually cheaper...;)
Looks like you can get a 3 pack of the 1.4L Fiat 500 (Mopar part #68102241AA) ones for $19.99 on Amazon.
The Purolators are around $21 each from what I've found.

Also found a list that if the above is the correct Mopar part # that has corresponding ones from other manufacturers

Fiat/Mopar 68102241AA
Hastings LF669
Beck Arnley 041-0856
WIX 57341
Fram CH9713
Mahle OX 371 D
Mann HU 713/1X
STP S9713

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any issues with Napa Gold oil filters? It looks like a celluose (paper) filter media.

Steve.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Steve. Based on your experience, I went to Amazon and bought 3 of the Mann filters. I also ordered two 6-packs of Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w/40 motor oil. And since Amazon was feeling generous, they offered me a $50 gift card to apply to my purchase for getting one of their credit cards. (Which, like I've done in the past, I'll never use and it will expire a lonely death.) Grand total spent, $100. $33 per oil change x 3 changes, I'll take that.

It will all be here next week. Good timing, I've got a long weekend coming up with great weather, I plan to break in Via (that's her name, my new Spider) this weekend and give her an oil change when the supplies get here. I like an early first oil flush on any engine, I'll probably have around 500-700 by next week.

I'm glad I inquired this evening...

Steve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts